Pro: Accordion Content Not Visible Unless Starts Open is Selected

I have a menu with a accordion element with a navigation layered element nested. Unless I turn on starts open for the accordion item, the content isn’t visible. Something is appending a height of 0 for the content area when I inspect, but I’ve checked every element and setting in corner stone and there’s no custom css being applied.

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for writing in! Please provide us the URL of the page where we can check the accordion. It would also help if we can log in and inspect the element settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Ok. I’ll update after I’ve added the note.

Hey Kevin,

Upon checking your website, I cannot find the page where the issue is present and there are 100+ pages. That being said, please share with us the page URL where the issue is present.

Thank you.

Its in the menu named “New Link Org”, viewable in the mobile menu in the mobile breakpoints. I’ve updated the secure note with the name and url as well

Hello Kevin,

When the accordion item is closed, the child element or the item content will automatically have a height of 0 pixels. It is best to use accordions with the items all open by default to display the menu items.

Best Regards.

Is that only with navigation child elements? It was not displaying correctly when set to start closed initially. Not until I turned start open did it not display. If I add a child text element, it will have a correct height as well.

Hello Kevin,

The Text element does not need any height to display the text contents. The Navigation Collapsed element on the other hand needs height or a room to initialize the display of the navigation menu items which is why it is not advisable to use this element in Accordion, Tab, or any other elements that also need initialization.

Hope this helps.

Ok. Thanks. I was trying to achieve a text link nav for mobile that allows for non-linked section headers. Example.
For desktop I used button elements to build out the menu links vs using a WP menu as I was able to achieve the look I wanted easier.

Hey Kevin,

Yes you can use button element to create menu links to fix the issue.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.