Pro 6.0 b4 toggle parameter issues

When using the toggle parameter in a group, it is not possible to make bring it out of being the small active / inactive tick box of that group:

It would be ideal to have this as an option for a group, but also the ability to use the toggle as a regular field.

Secondarily, if you add a toggle field to a nested group, is shows up in the nest as an active / inactive tick box, but cannot be interacted with at all.

Hey, @arthurodb…thanks for sharing this. As of right now the toggle is only setup for use in that corner position like other spots in the tool. If you need a list of choices to be selected, you would need to map them in some way to a select or choose control (or multiples), which can be used to “toggle” things on and off as well if you want. Also, I’ll have to check our internal documentation but I believe the toggle is only meant for top-level controls, just as it is for us in our interfaces, so I may need to update the public facing docs on that.

1 Like

So is that like the toggle switch I asked about here?

@JvP, I assumed @arthurodb meant being able to use the toggle control seen above as one of the control rows, with the label to the left and the control to the right. For many different reasons, this is not possible at the moment.

2 Likes

That’s all fair enough, in this instance I ended up using a choose control and it worked well anyway. Thanks for the response anyway, and excited to get deeper still into parameters and components!

Sounds great! Glad to hear the choose worked out nicely for you!

1 Like