Pro 6.0.3 --- Issue with WooCommerce and Search results and conditions

I’ve upgraded a site on a staging server.

In the preview in Cornerstone and in Pro 5.1.5 all is well.

In Pro 6.0.3 when I do a product search the shop archive is showing instead of the search results archive.

The Search Results archive has a priority of 0 and the Shop Archive has a Priority of 15.

Hello @urchindesign,

Thanks for writing to us.

In order to help you with your concerns we need to check your settings I would request you, please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I have done all the usual troubleshooting including switching to the Pro parent theme and deactivating all plugins except Woo. I’ve left all plugins deactivated but I’ve turned ACF and Safe SVG back on and one other plugin.

Details to access the site in the secure notes.

Hi @urchindesign,

If you are adding the post_type=product it goes into the WooCommerce Archive layout and that is Shop. And if you remove that from the URL it will load the Search Result layout.

Thanks

It was working fine with the post_type=product in the URL in Pro5.1.5. So if it was possible in Pro 5.1.5 it should be possible in Pro 6. Removing this is not an option for this site.

Secondly that parameter is added by the default WooCommerce Shop search widget. We are using the default shop search widget which adds that to the search parameter in the URL to force the search to only be on products. So this is a default WooCommerce feature and should work as expected.

Hi @urchindesign,

I have tested it in Pro version 5.1.5 and 6.0.3 and after comparing the settings and options found the problem. I suspect this could be a bug in the latest version theme. I will report it to the Issue Tracker for further investigation by our development team.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.