Pro 5.1.2 - Effects - Fade In Right

Hi all,

I updated Pro to 5.1.2 this evening and have had some issues with effects. Mainly Fade In Right on scrolling is really clunky. I have reverted back to version 5.0.8 for now but just wanted to flag this.

I had the same problem with a Fade In Up on the Button Element. I had to apply the effect to the Column instead to make the effect smooth.

Just wanted to flag this.

Thanks,

Chris

Hello Chris,

Thanks for writing in!

You will have to use the In-Out behavior in your Effects module settings.

If this does not help, please provide us access so that we can check your settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Cheers.

Hi @ruenel,

Thanks for the advice.

Unfortunately that doesn’t work. Instead, the content vanishes completely.

I have applied a scroll effect to Column 2 in Section 1 on the Home page.

Could you take a look please.

I’ll send a separate private post now with login credentials.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I have checked your website and found the issue you described, but unable to investigate the settings of the Effect Module as the user does not have the privilege to access the WordPress admin dashboard.
I would suggest you grant the Admin privilege to the existing user or share the credentials for any existing Admin user.

Thanks

Hi @tristup,

Sorry, I forgot to change the user permissions.

I have now given that user Admin rights.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

With that Column being so close to the top of the screen, it won’t fade in using the “In-Out” method described above. I’ve set that back to “Once” and it’s working now. After making that change, I noticed that when the page first loaded some of the effects would immediately appear, then fade out, then animate back in.

I tested your exact setup in a local development environment and it was working properly. I temporarily deactivated WP Rocket to test on your site, and it was working properly. I believe something in WP Rocket is reconfiguring either CSS or JavaScript, causing the effects in Pro to not load correctly.

I would recommend experimenting with WP Rocket settings to further narrow things down. Disabling minification of CSS and JavaScript would be a good place to start.

1 Like

Thanks @alexander,

Really appreciate yours and everyone’s help with this.

I’ll play about with WP Rocket settings. I imagine it’s something to do with my JS and CSS being minified.

Thanks again,

Chris

Hi @alexander,

I have disabled WP Rocket for now but have got another issues.

In Section 6 on my Home page, Row 1, Column 2, I have a grid. Cells 2, 4 and 6 have a Slide In Right effect applied on scroll, with a 500ms delay.

The transition is smooth to start but isn’t smooth until the end. The transition in Pro v5.0.8 was smooth right to the end.

I tried disabling the delay and that made the transition smooth, however I want the delay enabled.

Would you mind taking a look please. The user account is still active.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi guys,

I’ve reverted back to Pro 5.0.8 for now as version 5.1.2 is causing my transitions with delays added, to not run smoothly.

I’m not sure what has changed in this latest release but could you give a more detailed overview in the Changelog for future releases of what’s changed as it would be really helpful for end users like myself.

I know you guys are working hard to bring new things to X which is great but it does feel like in-depth testing is needed on your side before releasing new versions to the public as we rely on X to power our own and clients websites.

The last thing we want as designers is for them to update to the latest version and have a wave of customers contact us with issues.

Thanks,

Chris

You are most welcome, Chris.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.