Pro 4.3.3 - BUG / WPML primary language overwriting other languages

If we go into the builder and choose the different languages from the language picker and update the text of the primary language then it updates the text of all languages.

So basically I can edit the secondary language without issue but as soon as we make changes to the primary language then the primary language replaces everything in the other languages.

Hi @urchindesign,

Thanks for reaching out.
It will very difficult to recognize your problem without logging into it. Hope you will not mind sharing your website credentials. Please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Also, it will be a great help if you can provide any video that explains the steps to replicate the issue at your end.

Thanks

I don’t have time for videos. It is pretty straight forward. We have two languages English (the primary language) and French.

First choose any page and select “Edit with Pro” (You can use the about page).

Once the builder loads it will load in English (it is currently in French for who know what reason and all the English disappeared.)

Edit the English and click save.

Click the French Flag bottom right corner and the “French” page loads but with the text that was edited on the English page.

Edit the text in the French page and save. Go back to the English and the English page does not have the text you edited on the French (the expected result)

Now edit the English and save, go back to the French page and the English will have replaced the French.

So it seems like editing the English overrides the French, but editing the French does not override the English.

I will see what I can do about access as we require Google Authenticator to login as an admin.

Hi @urchindesign,

We would like to know what multi-language plugin you use so that we can give you some idea of what’s going on, on your website. I also advise that you disable the Google Authenticator plugin in the meantime so that we can check your back-end settings.

Thank you.

@marc_a the subject of the post has the plugin mentioned. It is WPML.

I will need to speak to the client before I can turn off 2 factor authentication. I will revert back as soon as I can.

The site has been up a while and was previously working 100%. It is only after recent updates to Pro that we have started having issues again.

Just so people know. This is resolved. The french translator did not listen and edited the french in the WordPress page editor and not in Pro. As such he had broken the link. We restored a back up and now everything is working as expected.

Hi @urchindesign,

We need to investigate the backend settings so that we can check what’s going on. If it will take some time to speak to your client about the factor authentation, I suggest that you copy your live website into a staging area for further investigation. Then give us the following information of your staging area in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.