Pro 1.2.4 hangs and Post Carousel issue

Dear Team at Themeco,

I update today to Pro 1.2.4. After 1 hour of work, any change I made, I had to wait several seconds (about 30 sometimes), any change did not appear immediately in my layout, I had to click to choose another element, wait and sometimes it worked, sometimes Pro just hangs and I have to close the windows of the browser and re launch Pro.
My site has Ethos theme with Post Carousel above masthead. It was working nice with the Uber menu.
I created a new header with Pro, so I don’t need to use the Uber menu.
When I made Global my new Pro header to all pages, the Post Carousel above masthead disappeared, even though it is On in the Theme Options/Ethos, as well in the Customizer.

Thank you very much in advanced for your big help.
Bogar

Hi Bogar,

Ethos post carousel is part of legacy header. All settings regarding the header on Theme Options is part of legacy header. When using Pro header builder, what we build on the header builder is what we will see on the header part of the site when we assign the header on the page. If you want to retain the Post Carousel, please use legacy header.

Regarding performance, please check the Console Tab for errors. When on the builder, right click > inspect element > Console tab: check for errors. Let us know what you can find.

Dear Lely, Thank you very much for your big help.

I understand your point and it is OK.
I will check for errors in the console and let you to know.

Just curiosity, if team themeco created the Post Carousel above masthead for the X theme, and as you wrote, now in Pro that feature is gone, due to legacy headers; isn’t it possible that Team Themeco can make Post Carousel available for Pro Headers? It is just a matter of adding the code, which I do not know of course.
How about adding a container with the functionality of showing posts, is it possible?
Is there any workaround?

I want to congratulate in advanced your great Team, because you always find solutions and that is what the world should be about, helping, looking for solutions and implementing them.
Thank you again,

Bogar

Hi Bogar,

You’re always welcome!

It is possible with customization but that would be outside the scope of our support. If you want to proceed with this, the code responsible for displaying the carousel can be found on this file: wp-content\themes\pro\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\ethos\ _post-carousel.php. How it is included on top of the header is found here: wp-content\themes\pro\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\ethos\wp-header.php. Implementing it on Pro would be different but that 2 files is the base. If you are not confident doing the changes, you may consult a developer to achieve this. Thank you for understanding.

Dear Lely,

Thank you very much for the tip. This help a lot, I knew you will find a solution.
I suppose I will read the code in those files to see how they relate to each other.
Then, I have to write a CSS maybe in the Header of Pro, or in the Pro Child Theme.
I will figure it out, I think, i am not such an expert, but Engineer.
If anybody could help me with the code and where, please, write to me in this post
Thanks a lot

Bogar

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. It is not recommended to have your email address in the public forum as it may be subjected to spammers. I suggest that you edit the post and remove the email. If you want we can do it for you.

Thank you.

Thank you Christopher for the advice, I did it.

Happy weekend,

Bogar

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.