Printed Pages are Ineligible

Support,

Please have a look at www.grillhoof.com. Please print the home page. It is a good example of how pages print badly with overlapping text, bleeding off the page and with with hyper links all aver the place. How can I fix this? I thought there was a print and screen media separation so that it printed well. Is there a setting or what do I have do do in this theme to make all print well? I am also concerned of how the slider (Revolution Slider) prints. Can I control that as well? I need professional printing control. Thank you.

Geoff

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

Since Wordpress has theme and plugins from different authors, plus content that added by users along with their own styling, then it’s unavoidable. Still, the user can fix them through their own custom CSS using @media print block.

Example,

@media print {
/* ah, I don't want to print the navigation */
.x-navbar {
display: none;
}
/* and slider shouldn't be printed since it's intentionally made for screens (animation, effects, responsive breakpoints, etc.) */
.rev_slider {
display: none;
}
/* and hide videos */
iframe[src*="youtube.com"] {
     display: none;   
    }
}

You can add that to your global custom CSS.

Thanks!

Thank you sir. I see… I just remember it printing all in the past without any additions.
This also helped me with all the link links appearing everywhere thus shifting things oddly. Thought I’d share if others have the same problem:

@media print {
a[href]:after {
content: none !important;
}
}

Thank you again,
GJ

You’re most welcome @geoffj, glad to see you got this all sorted and thanks for sharing your solution! :slight_smile: