Preview No Longer Working After Installing Multiple Domain Mapping Plugin

I installed the Multiple Domain Mapping plugin on my website and when I go to edit one of the pages that has a new domain pointing to it, I get the following error:
Screenshot (9)

Any solutions on how to fix this without disabling the MDM plugin?
Thank you for your help. I greatly appreciate it.

Currently using Pro 4.1.3 on Wordpress 5.6

Hello Adam,

Thanks for writing in! To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

1 Like

Just added the secure note. Thank you for your time! I appreciate it very much!

Hi Adam,

I have checked your website and the page preview is loading properly in the Content Builder. If you are still seeing the same issue, I would suggest you to clear all type of cache or check it in private or incognito mode of browser.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

1 Like

The issue seems to be happening on the pages that the secondary domains are pointing to. Can you check the Chalmette, Covington, and Metaire pages to see if you see the same error I am seeing? I’ve cleared the cache and still see it on those pages.

Hi @wptabernacle,

I’ve taken a look at this and regretfully it isn’t something that we’ll be able to support or make possible in the builder. Allow me to elaborate a bit on what’s going on here.

• The Pro builders work by having the main editing frame, and an iframe to manage the live preview
  • Data is constantly being synchronized between the two frames
  • Due to browser security rules, the only time the two frames can actually communicate is if they are on the same domain.
  • Because of this limitation, we detect if the URLs match and show the error message.

On a technical level, browsers offer a way around this by enabling Cross Origin Resource Sharing but that would involve a special setup in the server configuration. It also means we’d need to retool how our HTTP requests work to offer cors and standard setups. Regretfully we’ve opted not to pursue this due to how involved it is from a development standpoint and also how it introduces potential security issues if used improperly.

You can still edit elements in the outline and save the page. So it’s possible to modify the page without a live preview. It’d be cumbersome, but if you saved often and refreshed another tab/window with the front end open you could see the changes.

Alternatively, you could look into ways to allow the domain mapping to take place, but also allow the page to be accessible at the original URL on the primary domain. I’m not sure if this is possible, but if that was an option you could perhaps give it a more obscure URL and noindex it.

I’m sorry it isn’t the answer you may have been looking for, but I hope this offers some clarity around what’s going on here.

Unfortunately we can’t do much more than offer the few workarounds described here.

1 Like

Thank you so much for trying! I appreciate it very much. . It’s possible it might work if I actually make Wordpress a MultiSite instead of using a plugin. My workaround right now is just disabling the plugin while I edit. Thank you again for trying.

Glad that we could be of help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.