Preview in Cornerstone does not match live page

Yes hello and Season’s Greetings. In cornerstone, I am not able to preview Rev Slider on the cornerstone page. It shows fine on live page but not when working in cornerstone. Secondly, when in cornerstone my elements are not previewing accurately. Again they look fine on the live page but in cornerstone they do not match this live page. I hope this all makes some sense.

https://newenglandstudio.com/north-atlantic-concrete/

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! ​We recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Moreover, are you using CloudFlare or may have installed a caching plugin like WordFence, W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache? Always remember to clear all caches when updating so that your site changes (sliders, elements) is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential display errors.

Hope this helps.

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the information. I was able to logged in and can confirm the issue. This could be a bug in the latest release. I’ve submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it for them to take further actions.

Thank you for your understanding.

Yes thank you. I added your line of code but no changes in behavior. Thoughts ?
Yes hello again. 12/26/17.
Regarding your reply, is there something I need to do or is this issue
simply something I have to ‘live with’. Please advise thank you very much as always.

For another observation: The new elements, ie Headline Element does not preview for me properly. The old elements ie Custom Headline previews accurately. Thanks again.

@RueNel has posted this to our issue tracker so our development team could be made aware once they go through the list of reports. After proving that there is indeed a bug, they will systematically figure out a fix. This does not mean they can immediately fix the issue though as this will depend on complexity.

I also see you’re using caching. That could affect the preview also. I cleared all caches and made adjustments to your home page to show you the other options available in X that could be an alternate solution. Please see the Secure Note.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello Christian and thank you very much for what you are doing.Since I am not a web developer by
trade I have a few ignorant questions. You said “I also see you’re using caching” I thought I was supposed
to be using this?! Am I doing something I should not be doing? Please advise.
Next…you say you made adjustments to the home page to show other options. What is it that was done ?
Also in your video, it seemed the top portion was clipped off a bit and I could not see what you were doing
with your cursor when you got to the top of the page. Would please elaborate a little more on what you were
doing in that video ? Thank you very much for all of your great help. This is the time of year I work on my site so hopefully in the next two months I will update everything.
Any other advise you wish to give me would be great. Thanks again Christian.

Hi there,

• Using cache is recommended, but in some cases, the cache plugins minify the assets of the theme, that I snot a good situation for the theme as the Cornerstone assets are already minified and if a cache plugin minifies again that may cause the problem. Also whenever you want to do changes and during the development, it’s better to avoid using the cache plugins. Cache is recommended in production.

• The parent element text-align centering was the key in the video which made the Cornerstone preview match the actual live website.

• The parent element of the phone and address section is selected and the text-align property is set to center.

• The cursor went out of the screen to go to the next tab to show the live view and go back to Cornerstone view, That was an attempt to show and compare to views.

• I suggest that you continue working on your website and live with small differences between the Cornerstone and the live preview till the new versions of the theme are available with the fix.

Thank you.

Hello and thank you so much for your assistance. Your comment above regarding Using cache and avoiding the use of cache via a plugin. Not for my silly comment (perhaps) but I do not see where I am using a cache plugin which I could deactivate to allow Cornerstone to live preview more accurately. Am I missing something or do I have a cache plugin which I installed and do not see.
Thank you again.

Then on to the next question. Regarding Contact Form 7.
I have been unable to update this. I see the below comment in my plugin list but the update always fails.
“There is a new version of Contact Form 7 available. View version 4.9.2 details or update now.”
Do you have any insight with this?

Thank you

Hi there,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, by Cache Plugin I meant the Tools > Flush Cache menu:

It seems to be one of the features of the host if I am right?

Also, to avoid the confusion and keep the thread tidy to be able to serve you better, would you please kindly open up a separate thread for the Contact Form 7? Keeping each question in a separate thread will help us identify the problem better and focus on the suggestion, and also it will help our other customers to find solutions easier if they have similar issues.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

I am having this same issue. Attached is a screenshot of the elements. As you can see, the “3 Features” and “copy of 3 features” are not showing on the preview. They are showing on the live page. I discovered this because I was trying to make a template and those are really the only 2 parts I was going to keep on the page. Just wanted to copy them over to a different page easily. So of course the template has everything except the elements that I want.

Also, the slider at the top is not showing in the list of elements, but it is showing in the preview and live view. I’m not sure if that is normal. Can you notify me when the bug is fixed?

@rachaelrenee

Kindly create a NEW TOPIC then provide us your wordpress admin login in Secure Note so we can take a closer look.

Thanks

Yes thank you I wish to re-open this conversation regarding caching.
The following is what happens, perhaps you can advise:

-I am unable to see my Slider Rev when working on my page.
-Elements do not appear accurately when I revisit the page I have worked on. ( I realize you said
to bear with this issue but it is really tough to work on a page when WYSIWSG does not occur)
I want to use some new elements but find myself going back to the Classic elements so I
can see what I am getting.
-After updating the page, all 5 of my computers at work do not see the accurate updates I am only
able to see the accurate updates when I click the arrow on lower left of cornerstone while working on the page.

I don’t know if all of these symptoms above are inter-related but I really need some advise or direction.
Thank you so very much I appreciate all of your help.

Hi there,

Each machine or device could store caches which may be the cause you’re seeing differently on other machines. The server generates the cache and stored it, the device’s browser then downloads the cache. Clearing the cache on the server will not clear what’s on device’s cache. You have to clear them both manually.

But I can confirm the builder issue, the issue is because the margin-right: 0 is not being applied to the very last columns of each row. Hence, making the total column dimension with 4% excess size. The criteria for the 0 right margin is being the last child column, but it’s not being met because there is an extra child.

`

`

And looks like this only happens on our home page, I created a new page and there are no extra containers and the columns work as expected. Could you try re-creating your home page? But this time, don’t add any slider while we’re testing.

Thanks!

Yes thank you. I have replaced the slider on home page with a straight image for your testing. Thanks so much. I am not a developer so all of this help is really appreciated. Just to confirm, should I be applying your style of margin-right: 0 on my rows which are having the builder issue ?
Thank you again.

Hi there,

Sorry, I mean creating a new page and re-build the content manually instead of editing the current page. The issue seems to be present on that page only and probably related to content which causes the extra container. You don’t need to add that styling, it’s added by the builder and theme but it’s not taking effect due to the extra container.

Thanks!

Thanks. So to clarify…should I re-insert my Rev Slider back on to the Home Page now and is that OK?
Also it seems I will have to live with the builder no displaying properly until that bug is fixed ???
Thanks again…please advise.

Hello There,

You can insert back the rev slider in your homepage. You may assign it below the masthead settings. I have created a test page with a slider in it and it is displaying nicely. Please see the secure note.

To know how you can utilize the slider in the theme, please check this out:

WOW thank you very much. I was simply not versed enough with placement of the Slider. Logic had me putting the Rev Slider in a Section then using the Rev Slider Element which is obviously not the correct way to do it in this case. Thank you very much for educating me to this method, I greatly appreciate you being there.

You’re welcome!
Thanks for letting us know that it has worked for you.