Prev/Next not working on Custom Post Type

Hello,

I cant get the post=“prev” to work on a dynamic field.

Im not sure if it is because I’m using a custom looper in an archive template: category__in={{dc:term:id}}&post_type=lotto

Thanks

Hello @jackc,

Thanks for writing to us.

Please note that on the archive page, you don’t need to set the looper provider since the default loop is working on the archive page. If you set the looper provider there on the arcieve page the pagination feature is not going to work there. You need to set the looper OFF and set the looper consumer only to get the pagination. If it doesn’t work for you please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact layout URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

The problem lies with using a custom post type and the native wordrpress categories. If i press consume it doesn’t detect the custom post tagged so i have manually written the query string. But if theres a fix for this you fan recommend then great.

I managed a work around for the prev option my running a looper with the same query string just with offset={{dynamic number for looper item index}}

Hello @jackc,

Please remember that when you set the archive layout to any category, taxonomy, or any custom post layout it will automatically pull the post of that custom post type or specific category. Please ensure that you have enabled the looper consumer only.

Untitled-Archive-Layout-Archive-Layout-Cornerstone (5) Untitled-Archive-Layout-Archive-Layout-Cornerstone (4)

In case you are not able the see the preview of the specific category post I would suggest you click on this icon —>set the preview.

Untitled-Archive-Layout-Archive-Layout-Cornerstone (6)

If it doesn’t work please share your admin login details so that we can check it on our end.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.