Press Apps Knowledge Base with X-Themeco

Hi. We updated our X-Theme version to the latest one today.
Unfortunately, after the update our entire pages from the “Press apps” knowledge base plugin are not loading at all anymore. It simply throws a white page if we pick any other layout than the default one.
Do you have any idea why this is happening suddenly? It is definately related to the x-theme update.
How can we achieve it that the other page templates are working again?

Hi @jorgeHX,

Thanks for reaching out!

Please keep in mind that any issues from the 3rd party plugin are outside the scope of our theme support but we are curious on what’s going on.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY
  7. DISABLE CACHE

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Summary

This text will be hidden

In Version 8.3.3 the page mentioned above works just fine. After updating to version 9.0.8. the loading of the specific page templates fails.

When we downgraded the version 9.0.8 to 8.3.3 again, the page shows up again (!) but some other style issue then show up. Hence we cannot simply downgrade to version 8.3.3 anymore neither.

1. We activated the default theme “Twenty Twenty-One” and checked the page. It still showed up white.
  2. We deactivated all plugins except “Cornerstone” and “PressApps Knowledge Base” plugin (otherwise, the pages would not exist anymore) but the page above still showed up in white (hence it should not be a third party plugin conflict)
  3. The Theme is up-to-date
  4. Child theme is created as you can check with the login data above. We deactivated the child theme and activated the x-theme but the issue (white page still exists). Aftewards, we switched back to chield theme
  5. CSS/JS (everything removed) but the issue still exists.
      1. We also disabled cache but issue still exists.

I will share the link to the testing server as well. You can login there too since all plugins are disabled and the setup from above applies there already.

Hi @jorgeHX,

I have checked your website and found the issue you described. But as my colleague says that this is a 3rd Party plugin issue and we don’t have any control over the plugin code, I would suggest you contact Plugin Author on this and let us know the feedback.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.