Posts Page Title

I have read various articles about the posts pages. but still cant figure out how on earth to change the Posts page title and the sub description.

e.g. the Posts page I’m working on says “The BLOG” and also underneath it “Welcome to our little corner of the Internet. Kick your feet up and stay a while.” https://www.perform365.life/posts

You would think that once you set a page to the ‘Posts Page’ in the reading settings that you would still have the ability to easily change the content and work with ti but its just not the case…

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, the “The BLOG” title and its subtitle can be change under Pro > Launch > Theme Options > Integrity and see the BLOG TITLE and BLOG SUBTITLE field.

If you set your page as a “Posts Page” then it will use a special template that can not be edited on any page builder, even on the WordPress default text editor. The main purpose of that page is populate your blog posts.

Ofcourse you can customize the Posts Page but that will require creating your own home.php template.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Static_Front_Page#Custom_Blog_Posts_Index_Page_Template

Have a nice day,
Cheers!

You my friend are a legend, I missed that somehow. These settings on such a large theme can get fragmented between different customisation pages.

Any ideas how to now show the post ‘excerpts’ in the post page. They don’t seem to be pulling for the conrnerstone content properly. I have had a hunt around and seen a few ideas but no luck yet!

Hi there,

I agree that getting used to our theme can have a little bit of learning curve.

Please kindly go to Pro > Launch > Theme Options > Blog and enable the Full Post Content On Index option. After that, you will have a new option available which you can decide the excerpt length.

Thank you.

I’m tying to show titles for the blog index and archive pages using Integrity in Pro 1.1.1. The only option available under Pro > Launch > Theme Options > Integrity is to choose between “light” and “dark” theme styles.

Looking at the underlying view templates, I don’t see any way for these to be shown without overriding via child theme and adding the requisite code to display appropriate title text or archive headings.

I’ll do this for the site we’re working on, but it seems like a big oversight for the product to have no way of showing blog index or archive headings out of the box—am I missing something?

Hi @jadeweb,

Thank you for writing in! You can follow this thread https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/archive-titles-and-description-on-icon-stack/2516/6

Hope this helps!