Posts created with Classic builder no longer displaying or editable in Cornerstone

Hi,

We support a website that we built using X a few years ago which have Posts that use elements of the (now deprecated) Cornerstone Editor.

Recently all of the posts have stopped displaying content and if we go to Edit them with Cornerstone it just shows a blank builder (as though no content has ever been created).

I’ve been through the Cornerstone settings and Cornerstone is turned on for Posts.

Can you suggest any way to get them working again without recreating all the posts from scratch?

Thanks

Tim

Hello Tim,

It seems that the post content has been edited outside of the Cornerstone just because it has been corrupted at the moment. Please note that if you edit the post content in Gutenberg or Cornerstone page builder you need to stick with the editor or same page builder. Regretfully there is no option for that at the moment I would suggest you please contact your hosting provider and restore the database in the previous version.

Hope it helps
Thanks for understanding

Hi Prakash,

Thanks for looking into this. I can see how that might be your first assumption but I guarantee that is not what has happened here.

There are about 20 posts all created in Cornerstone, but about 5 years ago. It was an X site at the time and we upgraded to Pro.

Now none of the posts display- but there would be no point or need for us to update them outside of the Cornerstone editor.

Thanks for continuing to look into this for me.

Tim

Hi Tim,

You are most welcome. Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Hi Tristup,

Yes I do require further assistance please. The issue is not resolved and it is not caused by editing the posts outside of Cornerstone.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Sorry, I misunderstood your last reply. I have checked your website further and found the pages are working fine in the Cornerstone. The problem is only with the Posts, and after further investigation, it seems that my colleague is correct that the posts might have been updated outside the Cornerstone which causes the problem. If it has not been updated, you will see the Edit With Cornerstone option as shown in the given screenshot.
Unfortunately, there is no way to recover it, except if any working backup can be restored. As the pages are created with a much older version and a few of the shortcodes are already deprecated, I would suggest you recreate the pages with the updated version.

Thanks

Okay thanks for confirming that it can’t be saved. The backups we have for the site go back a month, but this issue happened longer ago, so we have no option but to recreate all the posts.

The posts definitely haven’t been updated outside of Cornerstone - there must be a bug somewhere that has caused this to happen.

Hi Tim,

Unfortunately, recreating the post is the only way we can suggest for now.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.