Post Was Closed Before Issue Resolved — Cornerstone Plugin Issue

Hello,

I received this advice on a previous post, but it was closed before I was able to respond, “I suggest that you delete the cornerstone plugin folder by using your file manager or FTP then go to this directory wp-content/plugins then look for the cornerstone folder and delete it. Once you are done deleting the folder then try to reinstall the cornerstone plugin again in your dashboard.”

I deleted the plugin successfully and am no longer receiving an error message which I thought solved the issue. HOWEVER, now, I do not see the Cornerstone plugin listed in the left menu bar (as the theme documentation says that it should be). I only see it listed when I visit the “plugins” option, listed with a number of other plugins.

In addition to that problem, I now have a little “+” in the top right of my website. I assume this is something to do with the plugin. However, when I click it, all that happens is a plain white bar appears with nothing else. (The photo attachment shows the before and after.)

Hello @LeaIsabelle,

Thanks for writing to us.

The plus icon is not for any plugin. It displays the widgets of the Header Widget area. Please make sure you have added widgets from the Appearance —>Widget —>Header 1, Header 2, Header 3, Header 4.

In case if you want to disable it from the Top Header section, go to Theme Option —>Header—>Widgetbar—>Select the None option from here.

Theme-Options-X

For the Cornerstone plugin, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hey there, thanks for the reply. Is there any way to receive some advice on this without sharing my login info? I would prefer not to if at all possible. I would be happy to screenshot whatever is helpful in solving the problem though.

Hi Léa Isabelle,

Please do the following first:

1.) I can see that you are now using the latest Cornerstone plugin version 5.1.5. You need to go to Dashboard > Updates and update the X theme to version 8.1.5 as well.

2.) The + on the top right of the site is actually a toggle button to collapse/expand the header widgets. You can disable this in X > Theme Options > Headers > Widgetbar and select “None”.
Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 6.20.39 AM

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Ok, I just updated the theme to the 8.1.5 version. Unfortunately, I still don’t see “Cornerstone” listed in the left menu bar (as the installation documentation suggests that I should — this page https://theme.co/docs/cornerstone-installation shows Cornerstone as a little colored icon).

As for the widget, I am able to select X > Theme Options; however, “Header” is not clickable. Am I looking in the wrong place? (See screenshot)

Hi @LeaIsabelle,

1.) The reason why you can’t you can see the cornerstone in the left admin panel because you are using the X theme. On the documentation you provided, it is showing the cornerstone in the left panel because they are using a different theme but using the cornerstone builder. Please note that X theme and stand-alone cornerstone plugin is a different kind of themeco products. You don’t have to worry about it.

2.) On your second issue, I suggest that you update your permalinks to post name so that the theme options will work. To do that, please go to Settings > Permalinks and set to post name then you can now launch the option.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

I am trying to do so, but now whenever I try to navigate to X > Theme Options (AFTER I AM ALREADYZ LOGGED INTO WORDPRESS), I am redirected to another Wordpress login screen. However, this one will not accept the same credentials as I just used to login. I logged out and logged in again just to be sure it wasn’t somethig silly but the same error is still happening: I am able to login to wordpress and get into the dashboard, but when I click X > Theme Options I am asked to login again via the same screen and am being rejected. This is not happening on any other sites I manage. Have you seen this error before?

Hello @LeaIsabelle,

It might be an issue of plugin conflict, browser cache. I would suggest you troubleshoot with our common issue guide. I would also suggest you please have a look at this article to learn more about how to fix the login redirection.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Prakash, this is a brand new site, so I doubt it is a plugin issue. I have done nothing to the site (meaning installed no additional plugins, code changes, setting changes, etc.) except for creating a few placeholder pages directly from the templates. This site is basically straight out of the template box, so it’s extremely frustrating not to be able to use the theme that I have purchased when I have not made any modifications on my end. Additionally, the login isn’t REDIRECTING, it is simply rejecting my credentials entirely, but only once I’m actually in the site try to go into Theme Options. I’m able to log into the site just fine and I’m using a password mananger, so I’m not mistyping or anything like that. I have also cleared all of my browser data just in case, but that did nothing. Do you have any other thoughts?

Hi @LeaIsabelle,

Now, it will be very difficult to recognize your problem without logging into it. Hope you will not mind sharing your website credentials. Please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Yes, I was trying to avoid that if possible, but it sounds like it will be necessary. I will send a secure note.

Hey Léa Isabelle,

I have logged in and I found the cause of your issue.

See the secure note below.

It appears that your WordPress dashboard URL is using https while in your Settings > General > Site URL it is only using http. I went ahead and already made the changes.

Kindly check your site now.

That did it! I appreciate the help. Thank you.

Hi @LeaIsabelle,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you. If you have any other concerns regarding our theme features, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.