Post Video Format Breaking my website

Hi there,
Im trying to use the video format for a new position my website but when I save the post it completely breaks my whole website.
Any help with this would be great.
My website can be found here http://bit.ly/2sAdxWQ
Thanks

Hey @gemlangley,

Would you mind providing more details about the issue? What exactly is breaking?

In addition to clearing all caches and testing for a plugin conflict, also do the following and check if the issue persists after each step.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Switch to the parent theme if you’re using a child theme.

Thanks.

I chose the Video format and hit save. Then I get an error message of:
Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
My home page breaks so it only shows the slider and my blog page just shows the loading gif. The whole site runs really slow.

Hi @gemlangley,

I checked the case on my local installation and had no problem adding a video post. Maybe there is a problem regarding the video itself.

Would you please kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your website using Secure Note and the video URL that you used to add.

I will try to add a new blog post and see the result in the front-end. The site being slow is another issue that we will appreciate that you first read our performance article about and follow up by opening up a separate thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you Christopher, I have attached details in the secure note

Hi @gemlangley,

I can access the front end of your website but the backend URL gives me 403 access denied error. It is before the section that I can add the user/pass.

Is there any IP restriction on your website? If yes, I’d appreciate that you disable the firewall so that we can access your website dashboard.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher,
Please can you let me know what country you are in so I can remove the country from my blocked list.
Thanks

Hi @gemlangley,

Unfortunately, we are on different places. It would be best if you can disable it temporarily. Different staff/support will look at it depending on the time and availability so it would be best if any of us can access it. Thank you.

Hi there,
Ok, no problem. I have disabled it now.
Thank you

Hello @gemlangley,

I have logged in and investigated your issue. Even if I only assign the Video Format and leave the embed code empty, it will still give errors when you save the page. I have looked closely and it seems that your PHP Post Max and PHP Max Upload Size seems low. Can you please increase it to at least 32M? You can check this out in Pro > Status. To know how you can increase this PHP setting, please check out this article:

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi RueNel,
Thanks for your reply.
I have increased the PHP Post Max and PHP Max Upload Size.
When any post is changed to the video format it completely breaks my website. The homepage stops working so when investigating for me, please can you change the post back to standard when you logout. Much appreciated.
Thanks

Hey @gemlangley,

I deactivated all plugins in your site and the issue was resolved. This means one of the third-party plugins is causing the issue. I activated your plugins back.

Please test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Once you found the conflicting plugin, report this issue to the plugin developer. S/he needs to fix the plugin or make it compatible with our theme.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.