Post Title in The Grid extension

I am using The Grid
How can I remove the words “Private:” on my post titles that appear on my grid.
It does not appear in the preview/editor, but shows up on the grid that is embedded on my page with cornerstone.
I want the grid posts to be typed as “Private” so I can keep them separate from my blog.

I can add a filter to my functions.php to remove the words “Private:”, but then the grid does not sort the items on the grid correctly.

Please advise.
Thank you.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I would recommend that you removed the “Private” in the title and sort the grid items in a different way using other methods. The custom code in your functions.php is the only way to remove the word “Private”. You can make use of this tutorial to remove that word; https://css-tricks.com/snippets/wordpress/remove-privateprotected-from-post-titles/

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply.
I have removed the word “Private” using the functions.php
You did not tell me why the editor preview in The Grid does not show the word Private, but the embedded grid shortcode using cornerstone, shows the word Private in the title. Shouldn’t what shows in the preview be what is actually shown in the page?

Unfortunately, other sorting methods do not work either.
I have tried to sort by date of post, post format type and also using meta-data with the numbers 1-9. None of these options work. So in short, the sorting is not working.
Seems like this should not be a problem, since sorting and titles are a key part of the grid.
Very disappointing.

Glad it was part of the theme and I did not purchase separately.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Do you want us to test the sorting in your grid? Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

How do I send an Admin username and password privately?
Go to this link to see the specific page: https://www.wellreadmom.com/booktest/

Hi There,

Please do give us admin rights so we can double check the grid settings regarding the issue.

Done.

I haven’t been able to get on the forum site for 3 days. Getting a 505 error.
Had to try on another computer. Any fixes for that issue?

Thanks.

I figured it out.
My images were not the same size and the grid was masonry, so it would not line up right for the sorting.
Wow was that frustrating!
Got it fixed now to at least sort on the meta data.
Thanks.

Hello @thewellreadmom,

We are just glad that you have figured it out a way to correct the said issue.
Thanks for letting us know!

Best Regards.