Post tiles in Blog Roll have all changed to the word 'Template'

Newb question: - apologies in advance for the less than technical grasp of the correct vernacular, I hope the following makes sense…

I’ve been updating a site theme that was once X and is now Pro. I’ve also changed the stacks from Renew to Integrity. Everything has so far been pretty seamless but I can’t seem to fix the blog roll headings.! They used to look like this:

Now they look like this: .

The posts themselves that link from the Blog Roll are fine, but the headings have all changed to ‘Template’ in the blog-roll. I’m sure it’s a simple fix, can you share a possible solution?

Thank you

Hello @davidrob,

Thanks for writing in! Are you using a Child theme or have used the Layout Builder to create a custom Blog Index? It seems that the Post Title was accidentally replaced by the word “Template”. Can you please provide us access to your site so we can investigate? You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

In the meantime, please switch to the parent theme or do the following troubleshooting:

Best Regards.

Hello @davidrob,

Thanks for writing in! It seems that all of your post items have been assigned to have “template” as the alternative index title.

To get this resolve, you will have to edit each and every post and remove this assignment.
See the secure note.

To find out more about this assignment, check out this documentation:

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Amazing!

Thank you Ruenel, I knew it was going to be something simple. I didn’t expect it to be that simple!

I’ve been through and deleted/updated each post. All is well again.

No idea where the Alternate Index Title came from or why it was the same on every post. Pilot error no doubt, forgotten about until it caused this issue.

Appreciate the time you took to find it for me, great support.

Regards

Hello @davidrob,

Glad that @ruenel was able to help you. Please feel free to reach us if you have any queries regarding our theme and theme settings.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.