Post Templates Missing

My default template has always been set to “Layout - Content left, Sidebar right”.

I have updated to Pro 6 and Cornerstone 7.

When I create a new “page” using Cornerstone the default template is applied.

However, when I create a new “post” in Cornerstone, the default template is not applied and there is no option in the post Settings to select a template. There are only options for Layout Assignments, what ever that is.

It is extremely difficult to create a post with no template applied since it stretches to the width of the available screen.

Here is a screen shot of editing a post in Cornerstone:

The strange thing is, when I publish the post, my website correctly displays the post in Layout - Content left, Sidebar right template.

Please advise how I can get Cornerstone editor to use the template.

Best regards

Hey @jnlinn,

Thanks for writing in! The issue mentioned above is present in the released 6.0.1 version of the theme . Please be informed that just a few hours ago, we have release a patch update Pro 6.0.3. Please update your theme to this version and test your site again.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

I updated to Pro 6.0.3 but unfortunately it did not fix the issue.

The issue is when creating/editing a “post” in Cornerstone, the editor is not applying the default page template.

Here are images of the exact issue:

This is a “post” that was created prior to updating Pro. It still displays correctly with page template in Cornerstone:

Here is an image of a “post” created after the update to Pro:

Why is the page template not being applied?

Why is there not an option in the “Settings” tab for selecting the page template for a “post” anymore?

Best regards

Hello @jnlinn,

Please keep in mind that Page Templates are for pages only. It may not be used for the post. You can check out this codex:

I have tried editing a post in Cornerstone on my local testing server with Pro 6.0.3 and I cannot replicate the issue. Would you mind providing your WP Access so we can check your site? You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello,

I just attached a secure note with login info.

This is a multisite subdomain installation. The issue is in main site “Bella FSM Service Software”

If you go to the “Post” list and open any post with Cornerstone published on or after 2023/01/02 you will see the is no template applied. Same issue if you create a new post.

However, open any post with Cornerstone published prior to 2023/01/02 you will see the template applied.

This is a live production site so please do not make any major changes.

Thank you.

Hi @jnlinn,

I have checked a Post and found that the Default template i.e. Single Post template for the post is implemented into it. I have also checked the Single custom layout and found the layout is not assigned to All Singular to be applied to all the single post pages. I have also checked the post that has been published prior to 2023/01/02 and found a similar output in the browser, but it shows full width in Page Builder. Is that what you are trying to point out? If so, please please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access to the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hello,

Unfortunately I do not have a staging site and it’s not easy to quickly create one.

Yes, the issue I am referring to is the Page Builder displays in full width but in the browser the page is correct.

Also, I see that you added “Post 1” as a Layout Assignment in the Singles dropdown. When I open a post in Cornerstone and select Post 1, it is applied.

However, the width is very narrow and there are several social media links at the bottom of the page. I cannot edit any of this.

How do I edit a layout when applied to a post?

It seems like there are missing controls in Cornerstone. It is so confusing and nothing seem to work correctly.

Best regards

Hey @jnlinn,

We apologize for the back and forth in this thread. This is a known issue in Pro 6, and it is not fixed yet.

If the builder preview is critical for you, you have 2 options.

1. Revert you site to its previous working state back when you’re using Pro 5.1.5.
  2. I see a Single Layout in your site called Post 1. If you wish to use that layout for all your posts, assign it to your Posts.

2023-01-11_00h17_40

To your question:

You can learn how to use the Single Layout builder from this video: https://youtu.be/Vkwk9YCexL4

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.