Post Styling - Side Widget / Essential Grid

Hi I was wondering if you could give me some advice.

I have looked at length on the forums of how to achieve what I man looking for but so far have found nothing to help. I would like to know how to

  1. Hide Side Bar on mobile devices

  2. Essential grid is full screen on my post pages and I would like to contain it into the area the post text and image are. Is that possible I have tried adding in all the different sections as classic essential grid element and in a text box but it always displays as full screen. Can you advise how to achieve this.

Thanks for your help I will include login credentials and page links in below in secure note

Hello @Basstimg,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

  1. Please add following CSS under X > Theme Options > CSS:
/*css to hide sidebar on mobile devices*/

@media only screen and (max-width: 600px) {
   .x-sidebar {
    display: none;
}
}

  1. Under Grid settings you can select boxed layout. https://cl.ly/3b1Q3D0U0z0O

Thanks.

Thanks

The Essential grid advice worked a treat I just now have to style it to make the text size correct for mobile but I can play with it and sort that.

The code didn’t;t work for hiding sidebar on mobile devices I even tried adjusting the max width number to really low and it still didn’t make any difference. The Side bar still shows under the post above the footer area

Thanks

Hi There,

Thanks for the update!

Can you please replace the CSS with this, and let us know how this goes.

/*css to hide sidebar on mobile devices*/

@media (max-width: 650px) {
   .x-sidebar {
    display: none !important;
}
}

Thanks

Thanks I initially thought it handle;t worked but after altering the px I have found a number that seems o work perfectly for mobile and smaller devices. Fantastic thank you.

On another note does the boxed setting on essential grid also work for using a grid in the sidebar ?

Hey There,

Thanks for the updates! Yes the boxed settings in the “Grid Settings” will allow you to display the grid in places like the sidebar or other specific content area.

Hope this helps.

Amazing thank you so much