Post Slider Missing after Permalink & Name Change

Hi! I just updated my post names and permalinks, and now the post slider does not appear at the top of the pages, except for one. Any idea why or how to fix so the post slider is visible again? Thank you

Hello @mgsquash,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Can you please let us know the permalink settings you are using? Along with that please share website URL for us to take a closer look?

Thanks.

Thank you!

My website is: www.mattmcintosh.com

Please see screenshot to see the places where I updated post information (circled in green).

One other change I made that may be a factor (?) is that I added a ‘redirect’ plugin, so that I could redirect the about post to an about page. When I noticed the issue with the post slider missing, I deleted the plug-in, but that didn’t fix my issue.

Hi there,

Changing the name and slug shouldn’t be a problem since it’s bound through Post ID which is permanent. I like to see what’s going on on your site, would you mind providing your login credentials in a secure note?

Thanks!

Hello There,

I have logged in and investigated the issue.

Your post carousel is not displaying because you have added this css code:

.postid-1 .x-post-carousel {
display: none;
}

.postid-26 .x-post-carousel {
display: none;
}

.postid-65 .x-post-carousel {
display: none;
}

.postid-66 .x-post-carousel {
display: none;
}

.postid-63 .x-post-carousel {
display: none;
}

.postid-68 .x-post-carousel {
display: none;
}

.postid-73 .x-post-carousel {
display: none;
}

.postid-74 .x-post-carousel {
display: none;
}

.postid-72 .x-post-carousel {
display: none;
}

.postid-71 .x-post-carousel {
display: none;
}

The post slider will only display in the blog index and archive pages. It does not display in single posts.

Hope this helps.

Weird … I don’t remember ever adding that code. Could it have somehow generated automatically?

Regardless, it worked! Thank you for you help. MUCH appreciated!

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.