Post Query not displaying full data

Hello,

I have a page that shows Upcoming and Past artist exhibitions. The post query for each is pretty much the same in that it retrieves data from a ACF that obtains results based on today’s date compare it with the “>=” or “<=” …the first result returns all the ACF data but the second one seems to be missing the “artist_name” field as well as the permalink (which makes it impossible to link to the old Exhibitions.

This is the page:

Any ideas? Thanks in advance…

Hi Fernberger,

Thanks for reaching out.
It is not clear what exact Query you have used to get those data. To investigate that, I would request you please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Thanks. I sent info in secure note…

The query in question is:

post_type=fernberger_exhibit&post_status=publish&orderby=meta_value&meta_key=date_end&meta_query%5B0%5D%5Bkey%5D=date_end&meta_query%5B0%5D%5Bcompare%5D=%3C%3D&meta_query%5B0%5D%5Bvalue%5D={{dc:global:date format=“Ymd”}}&meta_query%5B0%5D%5Btype%5D=DATE&order=dec

Thanks

Hi Fernberger,

The Query looks fine to me, but it needs to be checked to see why this is not showing proper data. However, I am unable to check the query as the given credentials do not work.
Please recheck and re-share it, for further investigation.

Thanks

i added another Secure Note with new credentials…hopefully, correct ones this time.

Hey @fernbergergallery,

Please be informed that “Jumping at the Woodside” does not have an artist name.

• See the secure note below

Thank you.

It does have an artist_name

You can check that out under Fernberger Gallery Exhibitions and then edit/view the "Jumping at the Woodside” exhibition. The artist_name is Relationship field based on the Artist ACF so this is selected from the Artists that have been added to that ACF:

Note that this works for the Upcoming Exhibition part at the top of the page…but not for the Past Exhibitions part …the Query Strings are slightly different but I am not sure why it would just leave out that one field.

If what you say is true, then by selecting this in the dashboard should fix it but it doesn’t…

Hey @fernbergergallery,

Actually, your query string is correct:
post_type=fernberger_exhibit&post_status=publish&orderby=meta_value&meta_key=date_end&meta_query%5B0%5D%5Bkey%5D=date_end&meta_query%5B0%5D%5Bcompare%5D=%3C%3D&meta_query%5B0%5D%5Bvalue%5D={{dc:global:date format="Ymd"}}&meta_query%5B0%5D%5Btype%5D=DATE&order=dec

To display the Artist’s Name with the {{dc:acf:post_field field="artist_exhibiting"}} dynamic content, remember that this is a Relationship field type, therefore, you will have to nest another Looper Provider Dynamic Content to display the Artist which is already displaying now.

Best Regards.

Ah, I see…I was having trouble combining the two because I need to link to the Exhibition permalink but grab the Artist Name from the artist_exhibiting…but i created another looper as you indicated and it now works.

THANKS!

You are most welcome, @fernbergergallery.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.