Post page title

Hi I’ve read some other answers to this question, but none seem to address my specific request. When you select a blog post from my site http://open-nys.org/oct-19-20-cuny-city-college/ the header at the top of the page says “BLOG” - er, well I want it to say something else, so I’ve edited that page title in wordpress, but those settings do not effect the title. Within cornerstone, still no ability to change. Where is this editable? Do I have to edit the PHP to allow this? Thanks!

Hi There,

Please go to Theme Optioons> > Renew > there’s an blog title option.

Hope it helps

How do I apply unique titles for the individual post pages?

The alternate index page title does not work for post pages. Categories work fine.

Theme Options> > Renew > title seems to override across all blog post pages.

  • Thanks

Hi there,

That’s only possible by customizing the landmark title. You will have to add a condition to what to be displayed for a specific post. Though, you may try this, add this code to your child theme’s functions.php

add_filter('x_option_x_renew_blog_title', 'x_alter_the_title');

function x_alter_the_title ( $title ) {

if ( !is_admin() && ( is_singular ('post') || is_page(334) ) ) {

return 'THE TITLE';

}

return $title;

}

The condition is is_singular ('post') || is_page(334) which means, if it’s single post page or the page has ID of 334, it will then display the THE TITLE.

Thanks!

Hey Rad,

This is ALMOST the solution to what I am trying to do. What code can I add to my child theme’s functions.php file to make ALL post pages show the title of each post at the top of the page instead of BLOG. I am also using Renew.

Thanks!
Rayna

Hey @blissville,

Thanks for writing around! You should use the following code in your Child Theme’s functions.php file:

add_filter('x_option_x_renew_blog_title', 'x_alter_the_title');
function x_alter_the_title ( $title ) {
	if ( is_singular ('post') ) {
		global $post;
		return get_the_title($post->ID);
	}
	return $title;
}

Hope this helps!

1 Like