Post-meta theme settings not honored in search results

Hi,

under the Theme Options one could define post meta to be hidden for blog posts. Works like a charm.
However, when performing a general search (for example, using the search modal element) posts may appear in the search results as well. But post meta will appear in those search results, regardless of the settings chosen in the Theme Settings.
That feels kind of counter-intuitive. I wouldn’t call it a bug, but I don’t think I’m the first to stumble upon this. Perhaps an easy fix (explain in more detail in theme settings) or more thorough (create a search result page template) would be something to be considered by the dev-team?

Hi there,

I am not sure if you are talking about a specific Pro related element or the normal search functionality which is available in X. I tested the X and whenever you search a term which redirects to a search result page the Post Meta option is honored.

The case I tested the URL of the page has the?s which shows it is a search result page.

If you have a specific case to test kindly get back to us with the information and a way to test to follow up.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher,

I was indeed talking about a search result page. While preparing a test case I realized I have been mis-interpreting the search results. The do indeed honor Post Meta option for blog posts.
The post meta I did see there belonged to WooCommerce products.
Here’s an example: https://dennishunink.nl/playground/bouwlust2/?s=boerderij

Since I’ve hidden it using CSS (.search-results .p-meta{display: none;}), here’s a screenshot:

Hi there,

Yes, I checked and it’s hidden by that CSS. Should it hide from specific posts only?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.