Possible to hide a section in cornerstone (or otherwise) when a specific Slider Revolution Slide is visible?

I have a slider with two slides, but on mobile they are (and have to be) two different heights, resulting in a 500px white gap until the next section (#logos) in the page. Slider Revolution cannot change heights from slide to slide, and so two possible solutions come to mind- wondering if either is possible and how I might achieve this.

First solution: Build the logos section (which is 500px incidentally) into the first slide, and then perhaps with jquery in the slide hide the #logos section when that slide is visible (otherwise the logos would appear twice).

Second solution: Use jquery to target the #logos section by adding a class with a -500px margin when on slide one.

Thanks,
Matt

Hey Matt,

Regretfully, the solutions you’re proposing requires custom coding and we do not provide that as part of theme support and there’s no API available to achieve what you need.

A simple and alternative solution to this is to use the Classic Slider available in Cornerstone and Pro Builders. The Classic Slider’s height is auto out of the box so it goes with the content height. This way, your logos will stay at the bottom of your slider regardless if the slider is tall or short.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your response. I’m rebuilding in the classic slider and see how I can make it work by embedding global blocks in each slide. That said, this slider will only be used for mobile, and when viewed on a phone, and toggle from one slide to the next (set to fade), there is a white flash that occurs.

Please see video of it here: https://litcessory2021.wpengine.com/slidermobile, and the actual slider (in development) here: https://litcessory2021.wpengine.com/slider

Hey Matt,

You currently are using the Fade Animation option. You need to switch to Slide. Those are the only options though.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

I don’t want a slide. I want a fade. Fade works fine on desktop. Flashes on mobile. That’s the issue. Please advise why the cornerstone slider flashes on mobile fade and how to fix.

Thanks,
Matt

Hey Matt,

What I was trying to say previously is that you’re using the Fade Animation and that the flashing is simply part of the fade effect. That is why I suggested the slide effect.

Hope that is clear now. There is no other options, regretfully.

Christian, there are always other options. Flashing is certainly not part of the fade effect on desktop, so why is it happening on mobile? There are countless threads here where there’s the standard “This is custom work, and we do not support it, but try this code…”

Hello @mmelton12,

Can you please change it back to Fade so that we can test the site on smaller screens and with different browsers? We need to compare and figure out why it is flashing which I haven’t seen it flash yet.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.