Possible bug: going back with backspace while inline editing text

Hi there!
Some time ago “backspace-to-go-back” functionality have been removed from Chrome. However as a proficient user I had to install extension to enable this functionality again. Now while inline editing text in Pro it is possible to remove some text with backspace but eventually one of it’s clicks is going to lead to being thrown back.

I know this is kinda specific situation but I bet that there might be some other users affected as you probably have quite some devs here. Personally I use this extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/backspace-to-go-back/nlffgllnjjkheddehpolbanogdeaogbc

Maybe you can guys take a look at this and prevent this from happening on your side? In a meantime I will cope with this somehow.

Regards,
klepow

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out about this. Regretfully it’s not something we’ll be able to address. Our inline editing is powered by TinyMCE (the version bundled with WordPress) and we don’t do anything that goes near detecting keystrokes. This would likely need to be a consideration in the core of the TinyMCE library.

Thanks for your sad reply, good to know anyway.

You’re always welcome.

For more information, feel free to visit our knowledge base here.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.