Possible bug? content modal text editor (when modal is open) not working

I am experiencing a problem with the text editor of content modal element. It’s virtually unusable in that my cursor continually disappears while typing. For example, I just attempted to type “this is a test” but only got as far as the word “this” before the cursor disappeared. It also doesn’t let me backspace. Or add spaces in general. I have to constantly re-select the point I want to type, type in a few letters at most, before it disappears again.

Update: This only seems to occur when the Preview (right side) is displaying the opened modal and is attempting to update itself in real time as I type. There is a “flash” of the preview on the right side as it redraws itself, and it is this “flash” which coincides with the “removal” or interruption the cursor in the text editor on the left side. When the modal is closed (but I am still editing its content) it works better.

Also I cannot select the html editor of the content modal text editor at all, whether the preview of the modal is open or closed.

I can edit text without any of these issues when using a V2 text element. The real-time preview of the text element has no problem updating as I type.

I am using Pro 1.2.7. I am not using any caching or CDN or anything like that as my site is still in development. I’d like to know if you can re-create on your end. I have minimal plugins installed. I am hosted with Cloudways.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! We cannot replicate the issue in our local test server. The cursor will not disappear. It stays there as you type on the text.

Also I cannot select the html editor of the content modal text editor at all, whether the preview of the modal is open or closed.

  • That is because you are already in the html editor. The content area text editor does not have any visual editor. Only html editor is present which is why when adding contents, you will have to make sure that you insert correct and valid html code to prevent ay conflict or issues that might messed up the whole page.

Hope this helps.

At least one other user (so far) on the X/Pro facebook forum has reported the same “issue”. When you tested did you first open the modal in preview before attempting to edit its content?

I see I was confused about the html vs visual editor. Thanks for setting me straight on that. But my main question remains.

It’s not preventing me from building my page (I can work around it), but I doubt its working for me the way you intend it to.

Hi There,

Are you referring to something like this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbXrhT2TI3
Yes, that is because content is refreshing but it is still working. I will add an enhancement request for this element.

Yes, that is essentially what I am talking about, though in your video you were able to type quite a bit more text before it refreshes than I am. I can hardly type more than 1 word at a time. Thanks for making the video and for acknowledging the need to address this.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.