Positioning Columns

Hi, I’m trying to position some elements in three 1/3 columns, and I’m having trouble. I’m trying to get it them to look like this:

I just reset it, so it looks like this:

I tried using margin and padding classes, floats and relative positioning, but it was probably the wrong combination. Can you help?

Right now it’s just the spacing.

Hello There,

The images must be set up as a background image of your column so that the position can easily be define to the right side. With you current setup, it might be like this:

[column type="1/3" class="" style="padding: 30px;background-color:rgb(141,153,175); background-image: url(http://w3hostingsolutions.com/~lacrosseanimal/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/LaCrosse_VA_Veterinary_Service1.png); background-position: top right; background-repeat: no-repeat;"]

<h3 class="man" style="color: #fff;">This is a headline</h3>
<p style="color: #fff;">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer scelerisque eros eu pulvinar dictum. Nunc egestas massa at elit bibendum, cursus fringilla nunc faucibus. Proin dignissim efficitur nunc a cursus. </p>


[/column]

I will be reminding you that using plain shortcodes will lead to a complex layout with countless issues sooner or later. We do suggest that you use Visual Composer or Cornerstone so that you can easily set up content bands, sections, rows and columns.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, it probably will make it more complicated, but I’m trying to avoid the overhead that comes from using cornerstone. I understand that using a visual editor is going to add a greater amount of code. What kind of future issues do you mean? Do you mean how [gap] has bugs?

Hi again,

Using shortcodes will make the page complex and it would be very difficult to find content if you need to make any change. In the process of making changes to the page if any shortcode remained unclosed the page layout will break and it would be very difficult to find the missing shortcode. It’d be best to use Cornerstone for page editing to avoid such issues.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.