Position: sticky;

Wonderful people!

   Fairly new to the forum here as far as posting goes, so I'll hit you with a friendly hello and thank you for all of your much appreciated work!

   I've found similar threads regarding sticky sidebars or suggestions towards the Stick Anything plugin. I'm just curious if 'sticky' positioning and related css targeted design is no longer available when working in Pro. 

   My current design is along the lines of what you see here ([http://melaniedaveid.com/](http://melaniedaveid.com/)). And while the Stick Anything plugin works beautifully for one section, it does not support multiple classes. 

   You can see how I'm stuck... my current site progress below...

http://laomakase.com/lao-5/

Thanks,

Kale

Hey Kale,

Thanks for writing in! The plugin may have worked out perfectly. It may be display as expected because of the caching issue. I can see that you are using CloudFlare. Please login to your account and purge your site cache first. For best results, please make sure that you are using the recommended CloudFlare settings which you can find it here:
https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

Please let us know how it goes.

Hey @RueNel,

 The plugin works fine. But I want to have multiple sections where one column fills the viewport in sticky position, while the other column scrolls independently. Problem with Stick Anything is that you can only use it in one class. When you use the same class in multiple sections, it does not work at all. Their support form backs that up as well. 

I need 2-3 sections to behave this way.  Like you see in [http://melaniedaveid.com](http://melaniedaveid.com)

Hey @inhabitcreatively,

In this case, you need to assign a class to your column. You can do that by inspecting the Column and going to Customize.

If you really need multiple classes, you’ll need to contact the sticky plugin developer or hire a third party developer to tweak the plugin.

Thanks.

Copy that @christian_y. So you’re also telling me that ‘sticky’ positioning via css is not possible in pro?

Yes, out of the box, it is not possible to stick the column. Only the Header Bar has that feature. For columns and other elements, you need a third party solution.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.