Position and size problems in cornerstone

I am experiencing a problem with Cornerstone not correctly displaying the size and positioning of elements. See the screenshots of a test page when viewed in cornerstone vs in the browser after I save it.

The site is https://new-unknown.com

Hello @Travis_Holman,

Thanks for writing to us

It might be the issue of broken HTML I would suggest you clone the page and delete the section one by one to check which section is causing the issue. If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I am experiencing this issue throughout the site - I just set up this test page to illustrate it. When I save the page and refresh Cornerstone it will display the positioning correctly UNTIL I make any change to the size or position of the element and it pops back into a relative position in Cornerstone.

Hi @Travis_Holman,

As per the given screenshot, I have checked the contact page and also other pages but didn’t find any issue. Can you please explain the steps to replicate the issue, or provide any screen-casting video that helps us to recognize it?

Thanks

Sure, here’s a screen recording showing the effect on the contact page. Note, I typically use Safari but I made this recording in Chrome to show it’s not browser-specific. https://new-unknown.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/Screen-Recording-2023-11-22-at-7.03.41 AM.mov

I’m using fixed positioning to illustrate but the same thing happens if I try to set the div to an absolute position.

Hello @Travis_Holman,

To help you with your concerns we need to check your setting, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I shared admin login details at the bottom of my first post.

Hello @Travis_Holman,

I checked your test page and it seems that the backend settings rendering fine on the frontend, please have a look at the given screenshot in the secure note. It might be the issue of the browser cache on your end. I would suggest you please clear your browser cache, temporarily deactivate the cache plugin, and recheck it again. I have tested it in Google Chrome version 119.0.6045.159.

Thanks

Yes, if you set position to fixed, save it and then refresh cornerstone it will display correct. This issue is a live display issue. So if you log in and change that purple Div to fixed position (I have it se to relative right now) it wont reflect that change until you save and refresh the Cornerstone page. I tested it on a completely new browser (Firefox) and on a new device with caches cleared. I have the same behavior setting a max width for the Div as well (setting it to 300 px max width doesn’t display unless I save and refresh the page). Feel free to try and change those settings and save that page on your end if you like.

Update: I was finally able to fix this by turning off CSS minification.

Hey @Travis_Holman,

We’re glad that you’re able to figure it out.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.