Portfolio Thumbs - not visible on iOS

When I look at the Portfolio page on the ipad or iphone all of the self-hosted video thumbnails are blank. Only if I click on them do the thumbnails appear. Why is this happening?

Hello @mncrdavis,

Thanks for writing in!

Can you please share website URL in a secure note for us to take a closer look?

Thanks.

See the link below…

Hi there,

Would you mind providing your login credentials in a secure note as well?

I checked and the video doesn’t have poster/cover image assigned when I viewed its source code in iOS. I like to check how it’s added/implemented in the backend.

Thanks!

You are correct, that not all posts have Posters. But they show up in other browsers on non-iOS from what I can tell and because of this I didn’t think posters were required. I assumed they were an optional control to choose which frame serves as the thumbnail.

But If you want to look inside, be my guest…

Hi there,

In some browser yes, it may pick some frame as poster image. But you still have to add your poster image, not all browsers behave the same when it comes to HTML Video. It’s not the same as youtube video where it automatically picks its own poster image.

Looks like you added them now, I can see the images now.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.