Portfolio - Sort Buttons not appearing

Hi, I realize that the Pro Header disables the “Portfolio” title and the Category Buttons (as shown on Sept '17 thread); however, I’ve disabled the Pro Header. I have the “Portfolio” title showing up, but no category buttons. Any idea how to see these?

(I’d provide URL, but my site needs to stay under construction. If I can have an IP, I can whitelist. Sorry)

Here are my “portfolio” page settings…

T

Also, here’s what I see in the front end

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Please review this thread for a solution (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/portfolio-filter-does-not-show/27007/5).

Hope that helps.

Even if I disable the pro header, I still have to add a shortcode?

Are these sorting buttons possible with Pro? https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/features-portfolios/98

I tried the suggestions in the thread you pointed me to but it didn’t help…?
I added both of these:

The solution is by adding a text element in your header and add this shortcode
[x_portfolio_filters]

Please try adding this code under functions.php file locates in your child theme:
add_action( ‘x_before_view_global__portfolio’, ‘x_print_html’ );
function x_print_html(){
echo do_shortcode( ‘[x_portfolio_filters]’);
}

I’m using Renew.

Hi @Irvine

As you are using Renew stack, you won’t get the same sorting buttons like in Integrity stack, you will get something like that:

Are you sure you don’t have a similar button?

Thanks.

Hey @Alaa, I ended up getting it but my main menu is on the right side so the drop-down was getting cut off. When I clicked the “+” I could only read the last couple letters of each portfolio category. For some reason, they were cut off behind the main page content.

So, I got rid of it.

It’s a bummer that I can’t get the same portfolio sorting options with the Renew stack. I don’t think people will understand what the plus is for unless they really feel like playing around. Most people need the options spelled out in front of them :wink:

Thanks though @mldarshana and @Alaa :slight_smile:
T

You’re welcome, Tina. Alternatively, you can try out The Grid or Essential Grid which offer more filter options.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.