Portfolio Filter Not Working

Hello,

We have a portfolio page that isn’t filtering posts even though we have categories assigned to each post. Please advise how we can resolve this?

Thank you,

Gabe Neri
Director of Product
Owaves, Inc.

Hi Gabe,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your setup and I see you’re using an older version of X and Cornerstone. Always make sure to keep both theme and plugins updated as many bugs are addressed in the latest releases.

You can find the latest version numbers here: (https://theme.co/docs/version-compatibility) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site. If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

The other thing I noticed is that the content of your site is being served by the cache. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If you still have issues then please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Hello @nabeel,

Thank you for the quick response. We went ahead and performed the updates and performed a sanity check for plugin conflicts however, the filtering is still not working. Is there a workaround?

Thanks,

Gabe

Hi Gave,

I have checked your Portfolio page and found the filters are working fine.

If that is not the case and you are trying to point out something else, please provide any screenshot marked with the issue or any video that helps us to recognize the problem.

Thanks

Hello @tristup,

The filters are not working as they did before. To address the page load speed issue we were having, we reduced the amount of portfolios that render to from 500 to 8. This has affected the filtering. Now instead of showing all the “Photographers” (we expect to show the latest eight) it is only filtering the eight on the screen with by category. If you are viewing no photographers in the eight portfolio posts that appear, it will show nothing.

I hope this gives more context to the issue described originally.

R,

Gabe

Hello Gabe,

Thanks for updating in! By default, the portfolio page will load 24 items regardless of the category. You can filter out the items by category using the sort filter button. However, there is only 1 item or no item loaded in the clicked category, it does not load other items which is not present on the page. You will have to go page 2 and another batch of 24 items is loaded again.

One thing to understand is that the purpose of this button is only to sort the portfolio items by category which are currently loaded within the page.

Hope this explains it briefly.

Okay that confirms what we are experiencing. Do you have any resources of how to change this functionality?

Hi @owaves,

You may try creating a custom portfolio page with filters using either Essential Grid (see https://theme.co/docs/essential-grid) or The Grid (https://theme.co/docs/the-grid) extension.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thank you! I will check that out! You may close this thread! I appreciate you and your teams help!

You are welcome @owaves

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.