Portfolio and Cornerstone Not Working

I’m helping a friend with her site and activated a license. When the site updated, her portfolio isn’t displaying unless I click the filter menu. Cornerstone doesn’t seem to be working either and all the code that is in there is just displaying shortcodes.

I’ve been working on this for awhile and can’t seem to get it to work. Things I’ve tried.

  • Deactivating plugins
  • Reinstall theme
  • Restore from backup (now broken too)
  • Manually load files
  • Some CSS edits (now removed)
  • Remove .htaccess edits

Some things I have on my website.

  • I have some .htaccess edits for security to prevent structure browsing and edits to my .htaccess file.
  • All file permissions are set correctly
  • I have Sucuri Security running and have hardened wp-admin, wp-includes, and wp-content, yet, even with the hardening removed, it doesn’t work, and it worked before with that until the update.
  • Hosting with Siteground

When watching the site in Console, I see there are two jquery errors about n.easing but I don’t know how to fix these.

The site is: http://www.kaitlundzupanic.com/

Thanks!

Hello There,

Thank you for the very detailed post. I have checked your site and I can confirmed that you are using the latest version X 6.0.4. Meanwhile, Cornerstone is not active and this is one of the reason why other features like the portfolio page is not working. Please go to your plugins section and activate Cornerstone plugin. If the issue still exist, please provide us access to the site so that we can investigate further.

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

  • FTP Hostname
  • FTP Username
  • FTP Password

Thank you.

Hi RueNel,

Thanks for looking into this for me. I’ve added a secure note with the content in there for you. Let me know if you need anything else.

This might help address the problem as well. You mentioned Cornerstone not being active. In the plugins panel, it is shown as being active so there must be something preventing it from running. My two thoughts would possibly be Sucuri or file permissions. I did harden the directories with Sucuri but the issue existed before I even added that plugin and persist even after removing it. The other, though my dev skills are not nearly advanced enough for this possibly that jquery issue that is shown in console, but I’ll leave that to you.

Thanks!

Hi there,

The installed cornerstone is not the correct one, it’s installed from the Wordpress’ plugin directory. I deleted it and installed the correct one.

Thanks!

Oh nice. Well, at least it was a fairly easy solution. I wasn’t even aware that was offered in the directory, that would have probably saved me a lot of time!

Thanks for the help!

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.