Popups are not responding on mobile, but they work perfectly fine on desktop and in edit mode for mobile

Hi, I am using Cornerstone to build a site, and I have used Popup Maker to create popups for my site. The popups are triggered by buttons. They work fine on desktop, and in edit mode, they appear to work on mobile. But I am unable to click the button on android or IOS devices. A developer friend told me that the “click” is probably not firing on mobile and that is a theme issue. Help?

Here is the page in question: https://thriveneurohealth.com/our-approach/

Again, it works fine on desktop. Need help on mobile. Thank you!

Hi @vandycreative,

Thanks for writing in.

It sounds like you might be having an issue with a third party plugin(PopUp Maker). Regretfully, we cannot provide support for third party plugins or scripts as our support policy in the sidebar states due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

You might want to check how to create pop up in x theme:

Or you could use plugin to create this popups in X theme:

Hope it helps.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Nico!

Thanks for reaching out. I do have one question though. I think that the problem is with the buttons (which are via the X theme) and not the popups. Could you take a look at that via the link I sent you?

I also heard that if I update the theme, that might fix it. But would I have to get you guys to install the update or would it do that itself?

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I have checked your site and your X version is updated but your Cornerstone is an outdated version.

Please note that this will most likely cause a compatibility issue which you are experiencing now.

So kindly make sure to update both X and Cornerstone to the latest versions and make sure to clear your site’s cache after updating.

Updates should be done by you as that goes beyond the scope of our support.

Great! Thank you. I did the update. How do I clear my site’s caching?

Hi Andrew,

If you have a caching plugin installed, you will have to clear the cache from the plugin’s option.

If you do not have any, you can just clear your browser cache in case there is still an issue.

Hope this helps.

So I just realized that my X is updated but my cornerstone is not. I’m trying to figure out how to update the cornerstone, as there is not an option to do it manually and I cannot figure out where to validate it. X is already validated, but cornerstone does not appear to be.

Help?

Hello There,

To install Cornerstone fresh from X 6.1.6;

• Please go to the plugins section and deactivate Cornerstone.
  • Find the delete link and totally delete the plugin.
  • Go to X > Validation and Cornerstone should be installed automatically

Please let us know how it goes.

Yikes! Will this affect all of my content on my website? here’s the website: thriveneurohealth.com . It’s completely built using cornerstone. If I delete it, will that take everything away?

Hi There,

Your contents will be safe.

Regards!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.