Popup box on hover

Hi,

I thought there was a popup element or am I just not finding it?

If not, is there a way to implement a popup box?

ideally I would like to activate a component on hover. At the moment I have placed my competent in a modal that’s triggered on clicking a link.

Thanks in advance.

Hello @Nate_Sheridan,

Thanks for writing in! Regretfully, we do not have an element that pops up on hover. The Modal element can only be triggered with a click.

Cheers.

Ok. Thanks for the clarification.

I managed to get modal to popup on hover using Java Script. :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @Nate_Sheridan,

Glad that you are able to manage this work.

Hi @Nate_Sheridan. Would you mind sharing how you managed to get it to work? I’m very interested in the same functionality. Thanks!

Hiya,

Not going to lie, it was very difficult! But will do my best to explain.

1. I used the model element for the popup. I created it as a component to make editing easier in the future.
  2. The buttons to trigger the modal need to be on the page for hover to work, but I just hid them by making it a very small pixel tucked away in the corner.
  3. For each modal popup, under ‘customise’, add a name to the ‘toggle hash’ box.
  4. I then added the ‘toggle hash’ names to the menu item that I wanted to trigger the hover.
  5. So now it was a case of having my new menu trigger the custom modal popup on click.
  6. Then I used this jQuery code to tell the custom menu items to trigger on hover rather than click:
<!-- jQuery to show/hide submenu on hover -->
<script>
$(document).ready(function(){
    $('.menu-item').hover(
        function() {
            // Mouse enters the menu item
            var submenuId = $(this).data('submenu');
            $('#' + submenuId).show();
        },
        function() {
            // Mouse leaves the menu item
            var submenuId = $(this).data('submenu');
            $('#' + submenuId).hide();
        }
    );
});
</script>

The jQuery was placed in a raw HTML element along with the HTML code for the menu.

Hi @Nate_Sheridan,

By withdrawing the post, I believe you already have resolved the issue. If the issue still existed, you can let us know.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.