Plugin X Shortcodes not working,

I got an email from WordPress: “WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, X – Shortcodes.”

I downloaded the newest version of X Theme from Themeforreste, and installed (overwrited the older version), but now I cannot even access my webpage through recovery mode.

Please see information below. What can I do?

When seeking help with this issue, you may be asked for some of the following information:
WordPress version 5.9.1
Current theme: X (version 9.1.4)
Current plugin: X – Shortcodes (version 3.0.5)
PHP version 7.4.28

Error Details

An error of type E_COMPILE_ERROR was caused in line 82 of the file /customers/e/3/c/annettemunch.com/httpd.www/wp-content/plugins/x-shortcodes/functions/shortcodes.php. Error message: Cannot redeclare x_shortcode_dropcap() (previously declared in /customers/e/3/c/annettemunch.com/httpd.www/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/shortcodes/dropcap.php:6)

Hi @annette81,

Thanks for reaching out.
It seems that the X Shortcode plugin is the reason behind your issue. I would suggest you delete the plugin from FTP or CPanel and check if that resolves your issue. Once it is resolved, please use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be at the latest version.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thank you so much for your quick and helpful reply! I deleted the plugin, and installed activated Cornerstone, and then installed the newest version of X Theme again. Now there is no plugin named X Shortcode in my “Installed Plugins”, but maybe I don’t need it? At least my webpage is live again (www.annettemunch.com) , the only strange things is that the symbols are gone (on front page, above “Foredrag” and “Skrivekurs” if you scroll down) and replaced with black squares. Also the numbers in yellow and purple at the bottom are replaced with circles. Is this connected with the X Shortcode plugin?
I don’t know if its okey to ask this kind of question here, if not, please let me know who to contact. Thank you in advance!

Annette

This is the code/text for the symbols/icons that is now gone and replaces with squares:
[vc_service title="" icon=“icon: pencil-square-o nik”][/vc_service]

And is the code/text regarding the numbers I used to have, that is now only circles: [counter num_start=“0” num_end=“1357” num_prefix=" " num_speed=“1500” num_color="#9b59b6" text_above="" text_below=“sider publisert”]

Hello @annette81,

This shortcode: [vc_service title="" icon=“icon: pencil-square-o nik”][/vc_service] is not part of the X theme or the deprecated X shortcodes.

Please go to your plugins section, Plugins > Installed Plugins. You will have to uninstall the X shortcodes plugin because it has been deprecated long ago. Cornerstone has replaced the X shortcode.

The counter shortcode may need to be updated to:
[x_counter num_start="0" num_end="1357" num_prefix=" " num_speed="1500" num_color="#9b59b6" text_above="" text_below="sider publisert"]

If the above suggestion does not help, please provide us your WP credentials so we can check it. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.