Please Help! Mobile Navigation and Custom Dropdown not working

I have a custom dropdown that appears on the mobile version of my site. I have noticed that this is no longer working when I click on it and also the mobile navigation is not working (doesn’t expand). I have disabled (and cleared) all caching plugins.

A side note… I also noticed that the mobile navigation DOES work on my staging site (which is updated to the lastest version of X). The ultimate goal is to move to the latest version of X (or PRO); however, the social media icons in the header and the custom dropdown that appears on the mobile version of my site are completely gone on the updated staging site. If we can fix the customizations/child theme; it would be also fine to move this route.

Please help. The site is not functional without mobile navigation.

Thank you so much!

MEO

Hi MEO,
Thanks for reaching out.

The custom code for the Social Icons you used in Child Theme is old that is why it doesn’t work anymore.
The fix is you need to add -b to the data-x-icon. That change in code was due to upgrading Font Awesome Library in our theme.

Screenshot-160- (1)

Please watch the following video series to learn more about how to use Font Awesome in X/Pro and the builders.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thanks for the prompt reply :slight_smile:

To clarify, which part would that fix?

Ideally, I would prefer to fix the mobile navigation in my production site first as there are other issues with the upgrade as seen on the staging site.

Could you please explain the steps/items that need to be altered to update the child them to work with the latest update?

Thank you!

MEO

Hey MEO,

Edit the custom code you’ve pasted in your Child Theme’s functions.php. I understand that you might have copied some code here in the forum but all custom code, even if you got it here in the forum, is the user’s responsibility to maintain.

If you’re not sure how to fix it, please consult with a developer.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

EDIT(added social icons fix to staging site for each icon and they displayed. Thanks!)***

I also noticed the background of the bottom part of the footer in the updated staging site is blue instead of white. (The background is white on the production site) What was the change here? I don’t see anything in my child theme that customized that.

Is themco no longer offering the same level of support for their themes? I have been a customer since 2014 and I developed and customised this site by working with the support personel on this forum.
I understand not supporting third party plugins, etc, but the whole appeal of x and pro is to be able to customize it and have support along the way.

I don’t mean to come across harshly on this…I just have had a great experience with these forums and hope that can continue. I understand my site needs work to get up to date with the latest versions of x, but I certainly hope I can expect support along the way.

Hi @meoptometry,

We understand how you feel but we are just following the support terms. It is stated in the Support Terms that customization is outside the scope of our theme support. If you need some customizationn, you may seek 3rd party developers to help you with your problems or you can avail One where we can answer questions outside of the features of our theme.

Hope that helps and thank you for undestanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.