Placing posts onto a page

Hi, I’m trying to set up a site where a ‘full’ post/s can be placed on a page based on it’s category.

The idea is to allow an editor to create content as a post and then deliver it to various pages on the site based on the category of the post.

For example - a post that has the category ‘home’ would be displayed on the Home page, a post with the categories ‘home’ and ‘services’ would be displayed on both the Home page and Sevices page.

The ‘recent posts’ Element won’t do it because it does not display the full post, just the ‘featured image’ title and date. I’m wanting the entire content of the post.

Would ‘The Grid by Theme-One’ be a possible option? I would like to try it, but every time I install and try to activate it I get an ‘Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.’

My coding ability is pretty basic, but I’m wondering is there either a way to add some code somewhere that would allow be to essentially create a customisable blog page?

Or is there a 3rd party plug-in that might do the job?

Please help.

p.s. I’ve looked though the Apex Forum and online to find a solution, but my knowledge base is not strong to work out the answer and I’m running out of time to deliver a solution to my client.

p.s.s. I’ve also tried using the Menu categories option, with is getting close to what I want, but it doesn’t show a full post, and I can’t see how to edit the default "Category Archive - Below you’ll find a list of all posts that have been categorized as “News” title section.

Hi there,

Regretfully this isn’t a feature offered by X nor the bundled plugins. It could be possible with custom development, but this would be outside the scope of support we can offer. We do have an in-house custom development team that offer paid services, who may be able to assist. They can be contacted at [email protected] if this is of interest to you. If you have any further questions about the theme, we are more than happy to provide you with assistance on these inquiries.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Christian, thanks for getting back to me. That’s a shame that X doesn’t have that particular feature. I would think it would be a handy option to have.

Since I posted this enquiry, I came across a 3rd party plug-in that is doing the job and seems to be playing nicely with X.

For your reference, and anyone else, that is after the functionality that I have described above, try Content Views by PT Guy. https://www.contentviewspro.com/

Cheers Paul.

Hey There,

We are just glad that you have figured it out a way to correct the said issue.
Thanks for letting us know!

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.