Photography Galleries

Hi there,
I am part-way through building my new photography website using X and i had been expecting to use the Envira gallery. However, before i go further i wanted some advice on how to proceed as i need the following features, so should i upgrade Envira, or can i use woocommerce with Envira, or should i use an alternative gallery ?
Key features:

• Multiple public ‘showcase’ galleries
  • Multiple private client galleries (with password)
  • Ability to click on image and ’ add to cart’ with print size and frame options and check out eg with PayPal
  • Switchable download protection option per gallery

Desirable features

• Ability to proof select images somehow and return selection details back to me
  • Interface to Lightroom (gallery upload) would be fab

I did have a look around the forum, but i couldn’t get the info i needed there.

Many thanks in advance

• Charles

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
The suggested feature can be achieve with Envira and Woo-commerce. Envira gallery having good support for woo-commerce.
Before using it we wood recommend you to go through the envira documentation (https://enviragallery.com/docs/) for best possible solution.

Thanks

ok thanks so i should be able to stay withe standard bundled envira ?

Hi,

Yes, you can install it VIA X > Overview

hi
switch to smugmug.com to get the desired things you wanted to have. no hastle and easy to setup just the best choice to have a site to show-sell your photos. give it a try it’s worth every penny

Hey There,

We are just glad that you have figured it out a way to achieve what you want to have in your gallery.
Thanks for letting us know!

Best Regards.

Hey, i installed Envira and also WooCommerce (in X) and have created a gallery but i dont see any options in Envira to add pricing to the gallery images. Does the X installed Woo carry over into Envira, or am i going to have to buy the upgraded Envira solution.

(Not to @sanibelmanatee) I want to stay in X - that’s the whole point for me here - dont want to use an external gallery service, thanks.

Regards

Hi,

Kindly refer to the link below

Hope that helps.

ok thanks - so i need to upgrade my Envira gallery. Can i upgrade from Basic since that is included with X, or do i need to go and buy a whole new license ??

Thanks

Hello There,

The WooCommerce Addon is only available to Pro. You can compare all the features from this page:

Hope this helps.

Hi me again !
So now i have a pro version of Envira, but i can’t see how to add the add-ons i want in X-Theme ?? - i have entered the license code to fully enable Envira and now i see all the add-ons are ‘install-able’ - but i thought this was discouraged / is there another way to enable plugins without activating Envira ?
Note: this is a test site at present, so i can change anything.

Hi There,

In this case would please provide your admin credentials so we can take a closer look?

Thanks!

Ah - at the moment i am only running Envira on my Localhost dev site; which i guess you cant get to ?! - just as a quick check, can you at least answer these two specific questions please?
[My goal is to enable several add-ons for Envira (and i have bought a Pro license)]

Q1. Do i need to enter the Pro license code into the Envira settings page?
Q2. Should i somehow be able to enable the add-ons in the Envira settings page by clicking on Install, or do i need to do something more funky with the ZIP files I have downloaded from the Envira website ?

Thanks

Hey @csturman,

Q1. No. Though there’s currently a bug where Envira asks for a license, you don’t need to input license.
Q2. The Envira Addons are not included and you should purchase a separate license from Envira to use Envira as standalone plugin. Please visit this link for more details.

Thanks.

Ok thanks - very clear. So the question is :- I have bought a license to Envira Pro. But what do i do then ?? / how does the ‘built-in’ Envira know i have a license so that the ‘Upgrade’ buttons on the add-ons all turn into ‘Install’ buttons ?!

Ah - what a minute - you said “use Envira as standalone plugin” - does that mean i should un-enable the bundled Envira and instead separately install Envira in WP / nothing to do with X ??

Yes, that is correct. And, you need to add this code in your functions.php to disable X’s connection with Envira.

function x_envira_gallery_remove_license_functionality() { return true; }

For more details, please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-envira-gallery/67

Thanks.

Ah right thank you - yes i have read that article about 3 times :grinning: !! but it did not include the important information that i have to reinstall a brand new Envira plug in with it’s own license !!

Glad to hear we managed to help!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.