Permalinks & Sitemaps

Hi,

My theme x is not working.
I have followed as many suggestions as possible but I still can’t figure it out.

I have changed the permalinks to postname but my xml sitemaps do not appear when I click on them, I just get a 404 error.

Also as a result it will not let me edit my website with cornerstone.

When checking my sitemaps, they seem to work in http but not https

A little help would be great,

Thanks

Hi There,

Please make sure the mod_rewrite in the Apache has been enabled by your hosting.

If it doesn’t work, would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

Thanks.

Hi,
mod_rewrite is already enabled.
I have sent the username and password in a secure note above
thanks

Hi there,

I checked your website and it is indeed a permalink issue. My guess is that either you do not have the correct .htaccess file on the root of your WordPress installation or it is corrupt.

Kindly reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Thank you.

Hi,

I have just renamed the .htaccess file and saved the permalinks again but nothing has changed. It still won’t let me open x?

Hi there,

Please contact your hosting provider about this issue and tell them that pretty permalinks aren’t working. Example, this page should be working https://www.teapeas.co.uk/test/ but it says it’s missing. I also noticed that it uses hosts 404 message instead of Wordpress 404 page, that means there is something in your host environment. I also recommend testing it on a different host.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.