Performance and Layerslider loading

Hi,

I’m trying to performance tune a website and when I run it through GTMetrix it says I’m loading the same layerslider javascript file 4 times:

Do you know how I can prevent this? I did install W3 Cache and followed your steps but it broke the format of the woocommerce pages so I backed out.

Many Thanks

Hello @glassballoon

Thanks for writing to us.

There are several reasons affection your website loading speed for example

1. Choice of Web Hosting Service
  2. Uploading Large Sized Images and Videos
  3. A large number of the plugin uses
  4. Use of lower version of theme, plugin and WordPress

Please have a look at our doc about website performance improvement https://theme.co/docs/how-to-improve-site-performance
You can also check out this article to learn more about how to speed up your WordPress site.

You may check our video doc as well

Performance Tips: Image Optimization

Performance Tips: Critical Path CSS

Performance Tips: Minifying HTML, CSS & JS

Performance Tips: Reducing Plugin Load

Hope it helps
Thanks

HI Prakash,

Thanks for your reply. As I mentioned I’ve followed that document already, I was wondering specifically about the same exact same layerslider javascript file being loaded 4 times and if there was a way to only load it only once? There are 4 layerslider sections on there, 2 for wide screen and 2 for mobile screens. It would be great if I could reduce these calls.

Many Thanks

Hi Rowena,

I suggest that you configure your site performance plugin properly and I also suggest that you reach out 3rd party developers because fixing performance issue is outside the scope of our customer support or you can avail One where we can answer questions outside of the features of our theme.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

Hi,

I’m not asking for performance tuning help, I was explaining why I saw investigating this issue. I’m just asking if you know how to stop the same script being loaded 4 times from the layerslider plugin, that comes bundled with your theme on my page. As you know Layerslider won’t provide support to themeco customers unless they buy the plugin seperately, so I can’t reach out to them, and the first port of call for support is yourselves as you bundle the product with your theme, . I have combed through their documentation and just wondered if it was an answer you know from being asked it previously.

Thanks

Hello Rowena,

Please let checked your screenshot again:

In normal LayerSlider loading without any PageSpeed installed, the plugin will load these files:

/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider/assets/static/layerslider/js/layerslider.utils.js?ver=6.11.2
/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider/assets/static/layerslider/js/layerslider.kreaturamedia.jquery.js
/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider/assets/static/layerslider/js/layerslider.transitions.js?ver=6.11.2

If you look closely at your screenshot, PageSpeed minified the LayerSlider resources and generated totally new files. Kindly temporarily disable PageSpeed so that you can compare the files that are loaded on your page.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi,

it’s still happening?

I’m going to try a few things, I just wanted to pop the screenshot on here so I didn’t lose it. I will get back to you.

Many Thanks

Hello Rowena,

I have tested your site here and there are no duplicates.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.