Password Protected Pages no longer working

I have a client whose site I migrated over to my services (I’m a GoDaddy Reseller).

They had two password protected pages that were working fine prior to migration (and after).

Once migrated, I changed out their previous theme with Pro.

During testing, I noticed nothing wrong with the password protected pages.

After we went live with the new site, their visitors were noticing tons of issues when trying to login to the password protected pages: everything from a white page of death, to reappearing password requests.

It didn’t matter the device (mobile, desktop), nor the browser.

Also, there are no caching plugins.

Testing was done by disabling all plugins… still had issues. Changed themes and then the issue disappeared.

So can you (themeco) look into this please?

Thanks,
Chad

Hello Chad,

Thanks for writing in! It seems that a 3rd party plugin is causing the issue. When the Loginizer plugin is deactivated, the Password Protect works. I have tested this in your site by the way. As soon as you input the password and it is correct, ti reloads the page and display the contents. Please temporarily deactivate the plugin and test your password protected pages again.

Best Regards.

Hi Ruenel,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I disabled the Loginizer plugin and the issue of receiving the White Screen of Death still persists.

The strange thing is that it is not consistent.

Like I stated originally, when I disabled the theme and used, for example, the default TwentyTwo theme, the password protected page functioned normally.

Hello Chad,

I checked your page and it seems that it is working fine at my end. I would suggest you please purge your browser cache and then check it again.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.