Parse Error <

I downloaded and installed a Child Theme for X. I was trying to add HTML code to allow for Rich Pins on Pinterest. I added the code to the Chile Theme function.php file at the bottom and continuously got an error (posted as private in following response).

I went ahead and deleted the whole thing to go back to up it looked like prior and I’m still getting the exact same response. I logged out, cleared cache, and now when I go to the log in page I get the exact same message. I’m completely logged out.

Please help - I have no idea what I’m doing. I’ve added my log in info in the message below as well.

Thanks.

I think I may have fixed this (give me a giant pack of cookies please). I downloaded an FTP agent, connected it, and removed the bad code from the file in there (it was still showing as if I hadn’t deleted via WP). I am able to log into my site now.

Is there any way someone can walk me through the directions below to enable Rich Pins on Pinterest to my site (or do it for me with the above given log ins). Thanks.

To add article Pins to your site:

  1. Add Open Graph or Schema.org markups between the section of your HTML code for each page you want to enable article Rich Pins on. Here are the required Rich Pin fields for each type of markup. Edit the highlighted fields to reflect your articles.
    Open Graph markups:

Schema.org markups:

A description or summary of the article.

ETA: it’s not showing the full pasted codes, etc in my reply. If it’s not working this is a link to the directions I copied https://help.pinterest.com/en/articles/enable-rich-pins-your-site

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

What code did you add in that file? I can’t tell since you removed it. You probably include some unwanted characters there.

We don’t provide support or do customization for like this, but I may able to help you to determine what went wrong based on the code you added. I’m not sure what should I look at in your provided screenshot.

Though, this one might help you (add it to your child theme’s functions.php)

add_action('wp_head','pinterest_og');

function pinterest_og  () { ?>
<meta property="og:title" content="de Young Copper Bookmark" />
<meta property="og:type" content="product" />
<meta property="og:price:amount" content="15.00" />
<meta property="og:price:currency" content="USD" />
<?php }

Thanks!