Parent page

Hi,
I can’t set the parent page “Prodotti” for my product pages. When I search for it on the parent page selector in cornerstone the page does not appear.

The product page I wanted to set the parent to is “Simply”.

Then if I set it from the wp edit page itself the page wont show.

Where am I doing wrong? Thank you

Hello @MP_Quadro,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of .htaccess. Please make sure your .htaccess file has sufficient permission.

I would also suggest you go to your WordPress Dashboard —>Settings—>Permalink —>Set as Plain and Save it after that set it to Post Name then save it and check it again.

If it doesn’t work for you please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details meanwhile you must troubleshoot common issue before we investigate your settings.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact Page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi @prakash_s,
I tried your suggestions but still not working. Give you login’s data in secure notes.

Thank you

Hello @MP_Quadro,

What you have in mind is not possible because you have a slug conflict. You will need to resolve the conflict first.

In Pages > All Pages, you can select the “Simply” page and then assign “Prodotti” as the parent page. Or you can also assign it while you are working in the builder as shown in your screenshot.

All of this setting is good and you are expecting to have https://example.com/prodotti/simply/. The problem is that your Isomed Products is also using “prodotti” as the custom post type slug. You have added that in the line 69 of the file: custom-posts/isomed_product.php in your child theme’s custom functions folder:

'rewrite' => array( 
            'slug' => 'prodotti', 
            'with_front' => false 
        )

You have two choice here:
1.) Change the slug of your Isomed Products
2.) Or simply create your products in Prodotti > Tutti gli Impianti. You may need to create a custom layout for your Isomed Products.

Kindly let us know what you think.

Hi @ruenel,
I changed the prodotti slug and it’s working. Thank you.

Hi @MP_Quadro,

You’re welcome! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.