Parent Menu Double Click

Is it possible to disable or change the active class behavior? Because when I have a parent menu with submenu, if I want to click directly on the parent menu, I need to click twice to get there (the first click makes the parent menu active). Like here on my main page, if you click on “categories” I have to click twice.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I checked your website and that is not the case. If you click on the Category just wait for few seconds and it loads the Category page. I tested it with the Google Chrome browser.

There are 2 points that I suggest that you check for sure:

  1. The Cornerstone version which you use is deprecated, kindly update it to version 2.1.7.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Thank you.

Hello,

I’ve just tried again on both Firefox and Chrome, and on different computer and I still have the same problem.
Just to be sure, the problem is that I can not reach directly the page from my menu if this specific menu has children.
In your example with the Categories link, if I click once on categories, it makes it active (with the blue border to the top). And I have to click a second time to get there.
It’s the same behavior on all of my links with submenus. Can’t figure out why… ?

Thanks

Hey There,

I can simply hover the Categories and click any of the submenu items. I don’t have to click the parent menu item to reveal the submenu.

I also noticed that maybe you are just experiencing caching issues because you are using CloudFlare and a minify plugin. Please clear your plugin cache and site cache and test your site again.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to help me :slight_smile:

My problem is not with the submenu but with the MAIN menu! My “Categories” links to a page and that’s where I have the problem, you have to click “categories” twice to get to this specific page (so if you want to try it, click on it, but not a hover!)

The submenus are working fine, it’s only for the parent menu.
Oh and of course I tried to clear the cache from both cloudflare and my plugins, this is not the problem it seems. Also it seems it’s only specific to firefox and chrome? In internet explorer it’s working fine I do not understand what’s going on.

Thanks.

Hi there,

I checked it on my end and it works fine as well. I have tested it on Chrome and Firefox and I don’t see any issues with the parent menu.

Have you tried checking it in a different computer?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.