Parallax inconsistant

Hi,

I’m finding the parallax in the new sections to be wildly inconsistent. I wanted something like I used to make, prior to Pro. Your own website has a good example of the parallax effect I’d like: https://theme.co/x/. But this page doesn’t seem to be using the current sections from Pro.

On the site I’m working on the parallax can be barely noticeable on some large screen sizes, to extreme on small screens, and even ends up being in reverse on mobile.

How can I make it consistent, like it used to be? I much preferred the old style, even though it didn’t work on mobile. The new style is unsatisfying in every context. Sorry to say.

Thanks

Hi There,

Please try setting the parallax zoom at 150%

Let us know how it goes.

Joao

I’ve tried everything from 150%, which results in almost no parallax at all on my desktop screen, to 450%, which gets closer to the old effect, though it still doesn’t keep the background stable while the foreground scrolls. However 450 looks ridiculous on smaller screens and phones.

Basically there’s no % that can work. There needs to be another way to create parallax. As far as I can tell you can’t build this https://theme.co/x/ in Pro/X

I’d love to be wrong, please let me know.

Hey @djguitar,

The Parallax feature in the new version is closer to true parallax effect. If you wish to revert to the old parallax effect, please add this code in Appearance > Theme Options > CSS

.x-bg-layer-lower-image {
	background-attachment:fixed;
}

Thanks.

Thanks for this. Worked well.

Yes, I get that the new version is a truer parallax, but I couldn’t work with the wide variance of effect based on a visitor’s screen size. And I didn’t want to make separate sections viewable for each screen size.

Glad to hear we mnaged to help!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.