Parallax in New Cornerstone

All the shortcodes only work on the same page cornerstone is running because of the new elements. I was told this will be fixed, it hasnt yet.

Can you please provide the shortcode for a classic parallax dection with a background image in it as an example so I can can paste it into the pages I would like the parallax to show? There is no url to give because i dont have the shortcodes for it. I already opened a topic on the issues im having with cornerstone so please dont ask me about it here, I just need the old shortcode for parallax before the new elements were added.

Hi There,

There is no Parallax Shortcode.

What I could suggest you is to open one of your old pages, save a section as a block template.

You can then insert this block to your new pages, that will be a classic section block and the parallax functionality will be exactly the same as before.

The new section parallax works as before with more advanced settings, you need to add the background to the lower or upper layer, go to Parallax below it, and toggle the respective image also add the amount of zoom. I believe something around 140% should work fine.

Hope it hells

Well I never used parallax before. I can get an old CS section but how do I get the parallax on and where do I add the background image? An example will help a lot.

Hi there,

Please try this shortcode with your own background image

[cs_section bg_image="http://local.dev/themetest/wp-content/uploads/revslider/front/jimmys-pizza-kitchen.png" parallax="true" style="margin: 0px;padding: 45px 0px;"]your content here[/cs_section]

Which of course, you’ll have to add your content in between.

Thanks!

I will try it out and let you know how it went, thanks.

Hi @Bark201,

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

I will let you know, i didnt try it yet. I would however like to bring to your attention in this topic that the usage of 1920 x resolution is growing fast. I am suspecting theme x has not been fully optimized for such resolutions, can you please test it? The main issue is with the navigation menu. I will send you a link in a secured note so you can review the stats.

Hi,

I am not really sure what the issue is with regards to screen resolution.

It really depends on your preference, you can set your site to a certain width and you also have the choice what size of images you want to upload.

Just note that parallax by default is set Cover which means Scale the background image to be as large as possible so that the background area is completely covered by the background image. Some parts of the background image may not be in view within the background positioning area

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.