Parallax fixed background - shaking while scrolling in safari

Hello,

we have used the following code for a fixed parallax background:
.fixedbg .x-bg-layer-lower-image {
background-attachment: fixed;
background-size: cover;
}

It works fine in all browsers except in Safari (Desktop version). While scrolling the background images are shaking.

Do you have a solution for this?

Thank you and kind regards.

Ingo

Hi Ingo,
Thanks for reaching out.

There might be a few different reasons for this issue, I would suggest you troubleshoot a few common issues:

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Disabling Cache
  4. Child Theme Issue

And also to check whether the issue comes only from the custom codes, I would suggest you to test that by activating the Parent theme, if that resolves the issue, the custom code is the reason behind the issue you are having.
Please remember, we don’t offer any support or investigation on custom codes or issue(s) related to it.

If none of these helps, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Admin URL
– WordPress Admin username / password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi,

nothing helped.

I added a secure note.

The custom post we used, was provided by one someone of your staff in another topic.

In case, this issue can‘t be fixed. Can i disable the code for Safari somehow?

Thank you!

Hey @ingo,

background-attachment will not work in Safari and we can’t disable it only for Safari without veering into custom development which is beyond the scope of our theme support.

I understand you might not like it but if you need parallax, you need to use the native Parallax option of the Section.

If that’s not an option for you, you need to consult with a developer to make background-attachment work in Safari or disable it.

Thank you for understanding.

Hi Christian,

thanks for your answer.

It would be great if a fixed background parallax could become an option in a future update.

Nevertheless we are absolutely loving themeco‘s work and also your kind support!

All the best.
Ingo

One of my sites also has a shaky background while scrolling: www.skjaergardsbygg.no
The top image section.
I only use the standard Themeco “slider below masthead” page setting and rev slider. With “parallax enabled” on the slides.

Hey @ingo,

You’re welcome. We’re happy to hear that you love our work and support.

@spedney,

Slider Revolution doesn’t use the background-attachment property so your case could be different. I checked your site and slider background is shaking even in Chrome and when using the scrollbar only. If you use the scroll wheel or other scroll interface, it doesn’t shake.

That is just a Slider Revolution though so I’ll post it in our issue tracker so that it will be queued to be reported to the Slider Revolution author.

Please stay tuned for the next Slider Revolution update to see if they will include a fix.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.