Paragraph spacing - find the source (and also heading font)

While I know we can add CSS to ‘fix’ the spacing after the paragraph (and before bullet points), however, I can’t find out the orginial setting that is causing this issue. My paragraph spacing is massive by ‘default’. Surely there is a way to fix this at the source, instead of writing additional CSS to cover up the issue post event.

In a separate issue, I’m also unclear about how to better customise heading font sizing and spacing - do I use Global settings or the font manager? When i pull html content from a blog post into The Newsletter Plugin, the header formatting is terrible (size, alignment and spacing).

The paragraph issue is the main one. Thanks

Hello @innovatek,

Thanks for writing in! By the default, the <p> HTML tag has a margin bottom of 1.313em which you can find in the built-in stack style CSS file. If it is too massive spacing in between paragraphs were applied in your site, it may have came from a plugin or custom CSS. We would love to check your site or page if you can share it to us in a secure note. We will investigate it further and find out what may have caused your issue. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Ok, so if we want to change the spacing, the best way is to use the global CCS? The other option would be to modify the Child theme or Code Snippets, but that seems extreme. At least I now know I didn’t overlook the setting.
Unfortunitely, in checking one of my 17 sites again, I can’t find any good spacing examples. However, there does seem to be a visual difference between the page editor and viewed page.
In Page Editor:

Public page:

Hello @innovatek,

I am not sure if I am checking the same page as your screenshot. This is what I am seeing tough:

I am seeing the same spacing on my browser. Can you please clarify?

Thank you.

Yes, that is the same page.
The top text in red is the sub-heading within the header element, so the spacing there is customised.
When in the editor, my inspector initially showed this
However, when I then added a bullet point wtihin the text editor, it did this

This was the inspector on the public page:

Hello @innovatek,

You are using the Ethos stack and it has a default of 2.15em bottom margin as indicated in the screenshot above. And then you have modified it and added a custom CSS to have a bottom margin of 1em.

Whether you add a bullet list, the paragraph margins are still the same. Can you point out which one is the space you are referring to?

Thank you in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.