Pagination Visibility

Is it correct that the only way I can get the pagination element to work is to build the page as an Archive Layout and select one of ThemeCo’ templates? Also, I cannot use a Custom Post Type and can only use the default WordPress Posts and must set the Layout Assignment Conditions to “When Blog is Being Used”.

It seems to me from searching this forum that what I am saying above is correct. Can you please confirm this for me? I am in need of building a page (or archive layout ) to display multiple posts on the page, but need to include pagination, as the number of posts is too great for a single list on the page.

Any thoughts you have regarding this will be appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

Hey @mcaravaglia,

Thanks for reaching out!

You can create a pagination without depending the ThemeCo’ templates. There could be some issues that might trigger not to show it on your end. Please give us the following information in a Secure Note so that we can check your setup properly.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Name of the Archive Layout

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Secure note sent.

Hello @mcaravaglia,

I tried to access your dashboard login page but the default login URL which is domain-name.com/wp-admin/ is not working on my end. It seems that you have changed the default login URL. Please share the login URL as well so that we can check it on our end.

Thanks

I am so sorry. I updated the URL in the Secure note.

Hello @mcaravaglia,

I tried to access your site dashboard but the given login credentials are not working on my end. Please recheck and send us again.

Thanks

(sigh) Sorry again. I am not sure why this is, but I have reset the password and updated the original Secure note. Please try again at your opportunity. Thank you.

Hello @mcaravaglia,

I tried to access your site dashboard but the given login credentials are not working on my end. Please recheck and send us again.

Thanks

Please use the URL below. The login credentials in the original secure note are correct. I just logged in using them.

https://retailinflfstg.wpengine.com/wp-admin/

Hello. Hopefully this support request has not been forgotten? Please respond at your earliest opportunity.

Thank you.

Hello @mcaravaglia,

I tried to access your site dashboard but the given login details are not working on my end. Please recheck and send us again.

Thanks

This issue has been caused by a plugin called " WPS Hide Login". I am terribly sorry and was not aware of this plugin. I have deactivated it and the credentials below are now working. I apologize one thousand times!

I just logged in with these very credentials. PLEASE see below and follow this closely.

Hello @mcaravaglia,

I checked your site it seems that you are using Looper provider to pull the posts and you have added Looper provider and consumer on the Pagination element as well. Please note that on the archive layout, you don’t need the Looper provider since the default WordPress loop is working there so you don’t need an extra loop. I would suggest you please disable the Looper provider and disable the Looper provider & consumer from the pagination element to get the pagination element working.

Thanks

I have made the changes you recommended and it is working. Thank you so much.

One final question- Does the pagination element only work with Archive layouts, or can I use it on a regular page that is displaying posts with Loopers?

Hello @mcaravaglia,

You can only use the pagination element on the archive layout. Glad that we were able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.